Chapter Nine: Romeo And Juliet

DRACO'S POV

It was Easter; finally. I had just gotten off of the train where my parents waited for me; I noticed that mother had a frown on her face.

"Draco, welcome back son" I let my father hug me but I didn't return it; for once my dad ignored it as we aparated away.

I couldn't stop thinking about Bria; I really wanted to see her. Once we got home I headed inside and began walking up the stairs to my room to drop my stuff off; I planned on seeing Bria today.

"Draco what's the rush?" I stopped in my footsteps and turned to my father,

"I just have an assignment in Transfiguration that's due after Easter break so I just wanted to start it early" he didn't say anything; he just studied me. He broke the silence by nodding and I felt my body relax.

"Just be down for supper; Willow will be making your favorite; mac and cheese with ribs" I felt my tummy rumble at the thought; why were they making my favorite? Last time I checked we just waited to see what Willow would come up with.

I nodded though; agreeing to it. I then turned and walked back upstairs and into my bedroom; I locked the door and didn't think twice before aparating to Bria.

There she was, sitting on the porch with a book in her hand. The wind swayed her hair from side-to-side.

"What are you reading?" her head shot up and she broke out into a smile. She put her book bedside her and jumped up into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her waist as I leaned into her neck; breathing in deeply. Strawberries and chocolate entered my senses and I sighed; she smelt really good. She pulled away and tucked some hair behind her ear,

"I wasn't expecting you so soon" I shrugged and scratched the back of my neck.

"I wanted to see you" she blushed and put her face down and smiled softly,

"So what are you reading?" I broke the silence; she looked over and picked up the book. I could now read 'Romeo and Juliet' in white cursive over a red canvas. There was a boy and a girl seemingly in love on the front cover.

"Romeo and Juliet? What's that?" she gasped and held the book close to her,

"You don't know what Romeo and Juliet is? Oh my what are they hiding from you at school?" she shook her head and forced me to sit next to her as she opened up the first page. There, I could see pages, one that had writing that I couldn't understand; and the other where I could understand the basics.

"It's a book about two royal families who don't like each other but the son and the daughter of each side falls in love. When their parents find out they're forbid to see each other again; but they loved each other so much that they planned on falling their death so that they could run off together. But in the end they both end up dying because their love was that strong" I looked at her weirdly, how does that sound romantic? That sounds sad.

"Here let me read it to you" she turned the page,

"Romeo ran through the streets of Verona, weaving through people he soon loses the men trying to chase him. But, before he can stop he smashed right into a girl about his age; he immediately notices her beauty-"

"-Pfff typical, accidently running into the girl" I stop him with a glare and he tells me to continue.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to run into you said Romeo. Juliet giggles and shakes her head; forgiving him right away. That's okay, my names Juliet. He smiles, what a beautiful name; my name is Romeo he replies. They stare at each other; not wanting to be the first to look away. Suddenly Romeo hears the men from earlier; and quickly apologizes before running off. Juliet watches after him; a smile on her face"

"So let me get this straight, they run into each other and they're already in love?" she sighed,

"Draco it's a love story; it's not reality so relax" I huffed; I didn't really like the way this story was; but if it made her happy then that's all that matters.

"Okay go on"

~~~

"They rushed into the tomb; and there they saw Romeo and Juliet in one of them. Romeo was hanging to the side while Juliet was lying inside; their hands firmly held the other. Juliet's parents began to cry as well as Romeos. We should have stopped this feud long ago said Juliets father. I agree replied Romeos mother. And so it was decided that their feud would end; and they would also have a statue of Romeo and Juliet; showing others of how much they loved each other" she closed the book and sighed; looking up at the stars. Yup that's right; she's been reading since I got her; it was now 6:30.

"Well I have to say it's not my favorite" she frowned,

"But I wouldn't mind listening to you read it again" she blushed and waved him off; but it was true he loved listening to her talk. Even if it was just to talk about Romeo and Juliet. I guess I kind of related to the book I a way; even if Bria doesn't realize it. We aren't supposed to be friends; I'm not supposed to like her. People like her are supposed to be disgusting to me but I find her attractive and interesting.

"What are you staring at?" I blinked as I was taken out of my thoughts,

"Sorry I just gaped out" my face went red; but all she did was giggle. I watched her lay down on the porch; asking me to join her. I do and we both look up at the stars.

"Have you decided on what you want to do after school?" I looked over to her and shrugged,

"I haven't figured it out let" she nodded,

"What about you?" she paused before smiling up at the sky,

"I would love to be a writer" I quirked a brow at her; I've never heard anyone say that before.

"Do you write right now?" she nodded,

"Yes, I write everything on my laptop; I preferably like fantasy but I don't mind mixing it with romance once and a while. " I nodded; that's cool. Is there anything she can't do?

"I think you should go for it; I haven't seen your work but I have a feeling that you're a great writer" she blushed and looked away from me,

"Thanks you know, no one's ever said that to me before." Now my face matched hers as I tried to stutter out a reply.

"Oh I-It's n-no problem" we faced each other now and slowly leaned up on our elbows. We were staring at each other once again but this time I didn't want to look away. In fact I felt myself leaning in a little bit.

'Draco you can't, not now' but it looked like she was leaning in too? Her eyes fluttered as they gazed down to my lips for a second before going back to my eyes; now that I saw them up close they weren't just a blue colour. I saw that they had a dark grey rim around it with light grey specks around the middle. They were breathtaking; now we were close enough that I could feel her breath on mine; mint mixed with cinnamon. I saw her eyes close and I followed suit; I felt her lips graze mine when suddenly I heard a rustle in the trees and I jumped back; looking out in the distance.

"S-Sorry I didn't mean to-" I turned around and grabbed her shoulders gently stopping her from talking.

"No Bria you don't understand I-" There was that rustle again; this time both of us turned towards it. That's when I realized how late it was getting; I sighed and stepped away from her.

"Listen, I have to get back to my parents. I'll see you soon though okay?" she bit her lip and nodded; crossing her arms over herself to try and keep warm. My heart fluttered when I saw her bite her lip; I took one more look in the woods before leaning over and kissing her cheek quickly. I felt tingling all throughout my lips as I pulled away. Her face was beet red and now one of her hands was over the cheek that I kissed. I smiled before giving her a quick hug; which she didn't respond too and quickly walked back into the woods and aparated home where my parents didn't even realize that I was gone.

But what Draco didn't notice was the face of Bellatrix hiding behind one of the trees; smirking towards the Muggle as she walked back inside her house.

'My, my isn't this interesting'