10. The Prison Turnabout Investigation

Start from the beginning

Ema was usually paired with him and work out the cases they've been assigned. She isn't very fond of him since she always told me that Klavier is a flirt. Regardless of that fact though, he is a skilled prosecutor who never showed any corrupt dealings and he is kind as well.

"Thanks, Ema!" I happily said to her as she waved her hand as she walks out and I continued looking for evidences in the room.

"Sebastian?"

I immediately turned my head once my name was called, "Kay Faraday." I sternly exclaimed her name.

"You already figured out didn't you?"

I nod, "I did."

"I-I'm sorry."

"I know."

"I did my bes-"

"I know, Kay."

It was silent after that. It went on for minutes that felt like hours. We only stared at each other, our gazes burning to each others.

"Look, I'm really sorry Sebastian. I promised to pass and pay once I get my pay. I'll find a way, don't worry."

"Meet me tomorrow at the presinct." My mouth automatically said with no intention of helping her.

I wanted Kay to be independent and grow on her own.

Well she may have been the past few years but in situations like this, she should be working on her own.

"F-for what?" She stuttered, a rare reaction that would come from her.

Regardless of what I all said, I already told her to meet me tomorrow at the presinct. I'll go get her a job.

There are certain limitations that comes with different people yet my limitations have surprisingly exceeded towards her.

"Just do." I said and peered once more around the room. I kneeled on the floor beside the pool of blood that was attempted to be erased forever.

A flat head screwdriver was suspiciously placed on the ground beside the pool of blood under the shelf.

It's a great possibility that this screwdriver might be connected to this blood beside it.

No, it can't be a possibility. It is connected.

With my rubber gloves on, I carefully picked the screwdriver up and putting it in the ziplock.

"Can I help?" I heard Kay ask and I breathed out a sigh as I walked outside the room.

I still felt lied to and disappointed with Kay Faraday. I'm completely bothered because I had my hopes up because I trusted her capabilities to pass yet she's lost and unable to decided which path to go to.

"Ema, this should be tested as well." I handed it to Ema who's been shuffling on the courtyard the whole time, running errands and talking to officers.

"Right on it, kid." She gladly took it and returned to her hectic routine.

I faced the Kay Faraday that was continously following me this whole time.

"I apologise, Kay. In all honesty, I didn't doubt you. I believed in you. I know you can pass and it made me quite upset to figuring it all on my own that you didn't." I honestly told her and her head lowered as she faced the floor.

"Although.. You weren't really sure what you wanted to be." Her head slightly faced upward, her hair was covering half of her face, and I slyly push it on the back of her ear. Her eyes widened in shock, her body slightly jumped and her cheeks blushed rose red. I gawked at myself, realising what I've done.