1. Turnabout Decision

Sebastian Debeste

It has been 5 years after that horrible incident because of my father. It caused me a lot of pain, regret, and self-reflection, I felt betrayed and lost after all of that but I slowly regained myself as I learned under Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth's care. From a 17 year old boy I became a 22 year old man that Mr. Edgeworth had been mentoring for 5 years.

It was both fun and torture. Mr. Edgeworth brought me to all of his cases as his career continued to take off. I was by his side trying to aid assistance when it comes in court. It gave me an opportunity to learn from his perspective as a prosecutor.

"The truth will always find a way to make itself known."

"The only thing we can do is to fight with the knowledge we hold and everything we have."

Those are his words.

It's not always like that though, there were times that I'd have to roughly use my brain to think and had suffered a lot of migraines on the way.

"Sebastian, I'm aware this is going to be hard for you but this will help you widen your knowledge in vocabulary." Mr. Edgeworth spoke and handed me a small pile of books including a dictionary and 5 books.. 5 different novels to be exact. I gulped, "O-okay, Mr. Edgeworth, thank you."

"You don't have to thank me yet. There's still a lot to learn, Sebastian. This is only the beginning." He sent a glance  towards me, "I'll be watching you Sebastian." He spoke and returned to the piles of paperworks on his desk.

I stared at the books in front of me and sighed, "This is going to be harder than I taugh- thought." And opened the first book on the pile. 

Every week, Mr. Edgeworth gave me 5 books to read and whenever I encounter a word that isn't familiar to me, I'll just have to locate the meaning in the dictionary. It was helpful for me. This was a great contribution to who I am now, I am able to express myself properly and people can understand me without questioning me with my choice of words.

There are still many more that I have done under Mr. Edgeworth's teachings and those were just the beginning of my journey to become the genius prosecutor I always aimed to be but today will be diferent.

September 6 | 9:39AM
High Prosecutor's Office | Room 1202

Nervous, I knocked on the door, "Good morning, Mr. Edgeworth." I greeted my mentor as I walked in the door to his office, bumping onto one of boxes, "Nnrgh.." I hear a groan from Mr. Edgeworth. 

"Mr. Edgeworth, would you like me to help you with that?" I asked him, his head shifted to my direction. "It's fine, Sebastian. I didn't see you come in. Good morning to you, definitely not for me though." He said as he put the heavy box he was holding on top of his desk. 

"I thought Detective Gumshoe was going to help you Mr. Edgeworth?" I tilted my head as I fiddled with my fingers. 

"Apparently not." He grimaced and sighed, putting another box on his desk, stuffing books inside it. "He told me there were things he needed to take care of."

"Oh, shall I help you then? I'll start moving the boxes in the office upstairs, Mr. Edgeworth."

"It's alright Sebastian, the staff will carry them out once I finish these last two boxes."