Finally Something You Deserve

Depuis le début

You idiot, she wanted to call him but that name brought up memories of a happier time...  which was very much in the past.

"THIS is a pregnancy test."  She indicated the stick. "Minus means I'm not pregnant and plus means I am."

"Oh," he spoke, before looking back to the stick, "OH! But that- that means you're-"

The Wise and Just King, everyone, she thought sarcastically.

"Yes." She said, voice suddenly small as she worried for his reaction especially after their...fight. "I'm pregnant."

She said those words way too often.

There were a million things Edmund was unsure of in the following moments, and his face showed so.

He was unbelievably happy, yet it plagued him that his uncertainty overcame that.

"So... But what does that mean- for us-" He finally managed, looking up to her from where he sat on the bed.

Sanya wanted to... kiss him, hug him, laugh at him, yell at him, say she loved him, say she wanted to be only friends and more and well-

"We're going to be parents." She said instead, cautiously. "Coparent the baby. And we should- we should dial down all the-"

He nodded, "I get it, I get it. Whatever you want." He replied, ignoring his internal dialogue as it gave a disappointed groan as he got to his feet. "Have you told the others?"

Sanya felt inordinately warmed at his simple acceptance of the fact.

Oh, this was not going to be an easy... however long months. How far along WAS she?

"Lilith and Susan know." Sanya ignored the slight tremor she felt as she said the brunette beauty's name. "Not the others."

"Well, I reckon w- you ought to tell them. Lucy MAY hyperventilate with excitement though." He warned her, crossing the room to hold the door open for her, gesturing her out.

"Lucy-I-hate-physical-affection-" Sanya choked as Lucy hugged her tighter than the boa constrictor wraps itself around its victims.

"You liked it enough to conceive a child with Ed." Peter smirked, patting her shoulder happily.

Sanya kicked out at him with her foot just as he started hesitantly again, "Er...  Ed IS the father?"

Lilith immediately slapped his arm with a glare, "Of COURSE he is, you utter twat." She scolded him.

The Gentle Queen was the first to sit down on the sofa, crossing one leg over the other, "What were the names again you were thinking of?"

"Alexander." Sanya said just as Edmund said, "Samara."

Then they looked at each other, surprised. "But I thought you wanted-"

"Yes, but you-"

"STOP TALKING AT THE SAME TIME!" Lucy yelled and Goose whimpered. Stroking him back to calmness, she said, "I want to follow this conversation. So, Alexander and Samara?"

They nodded and Susan started worriedly, a bit hesitant. "How many months along are you?"

"I- well, actually, I don't know." Sanya replied honestly, subconsciously looking down at her stomach.

"We'll get you signed up at a Doctor's tomorrow." Lilith reassured her. "they'll do an ultrasound and will be able to tell you, I'm sure."

Moods were surprisingly high for the rest of the day, especially as the group decided to order their first celebratory take-out (which, in honour of Sanya, they'd chosen pizza) as well as begin the Harry Potter movies.