The Emotional Impact of a Fictional Breakup

Start from the beginning

"Ed and I are NOT together, Pete, to me it's been barely a week since I lost you!" She argued.

He touched her hand slightly and she started terribly, and Tom couldn't help but smile slightly at his stubborn confidence.

"I'm sorry." He said. "It took me quite a while to get over you, I shouldn't have-"

"It's alright," she murmured back, remembering that it was always impossible to be mad at Peter, and that seemingly hadn't changed.
"Anyway..." she looked out the window. "We should leave, you need rest as you're really old."

"Only physically." His eyes twinkled at her as he laughed and she felt lighter and youthful again.

The car ride back was mostly silent, them all in their own thoughts.

"You guys should hang around a few days." Haz suggested from the passenger seat, "There's loads to do in London- OUR London."

"That'd be great," Lilith spoke up, "But maybe in a while, financially it isn't a great time for us to be galavanting around the capital city-"

"You don't have to worry about that! We can-"

"No." Lilith was quite surprised at herself as she cut Tom off. "As much as we appreciate- we owe enough people enough already. We'll probably have enough once we've all got our first pay slips."

"Saves me some money then." Haz replied with a shrug, looking back at them through the sun visor mirror with a smirk. Lilith poked the back of his neck through the head rest, hard.

"So you'd pay for all of us a few days in London, but not a taxi? You're an ass."

He nodded once more, "Seems you're not up for taking charity."

"We're not." Peter replied for her. "We can manage on our own."

"Oh, but Sanya's staying at our place for a few days." Haz suddenly remembered and said.

"I am?"

"She is?" Edmund almost yelled.

Haz looked unbothered at Edmund's words. "Yeah," He turned to Sanya "remember I told you we were going to binge watch all the Marvel movies?"

"Oh, it'll take time?" Sanya asked, remembering it was 22 movies. "Films in our time were just a few minutes long."

"So that's a yes?" Haz asked, suddenly all nervous- Tom saw and gave him a smirk.

Sanya grinned. "As long as I'm back by Monday."

Edmund was glaring once more, familiar jealousy surging through him.

Lilith wanted nothing more but to tell both Tom and Haz to 'fuck off'. But in the end, Sanya was her own person. Plus, there was no WAY she could turn her friend down such an experience.

"Well, we'll be off then. Sanya, YOU take this." The once Unwavering spoke as they gathered at the door to the apartment, taking the old flip-up from Edmund.

"No need." Haz waved her off, producing an IPhone box. "You can have this. I just upgraded anyways." He spoke, handing Sanya the box which she opened gingerly, recognising the 'Mobile' to be similar to Lilith's.

"This one has music?" She asked, looking to him hopefully.

A smile graced his lips, "It can do. Anyways, you lot's train is in half an hour. Here." He added, handing Lilith some cash. "Should be enough for the taxi."

She took it, sliding it in her back jean pocket, "Fine. You're forgiven. Just look after her." She told him sincerely, throwing her rucksack of her shoulder.