Enjoy the Vacation on Falmouth pier37 Boathouse - Conor McLaughlin

Long summer days are best spent on the water soaking up the sun. You can lounges by a pool, surf off a seaside, or splash around in a pond, but the truly aquatically inclined should consider taking it a step further. On a houseboat vacation, you'll actually live on the water, but you'll also be able to dock or beach and enjoy land whenever you want. It opens two worlds: that of water sports and a wealth of hard-to-get-to shore activities. You can spend your days exploring waterways and cruising around coastlines, all while having the comforts of home at your fingertips.By Conor McLaughlin's definition, the houseboat is no ordinary boat: The vessels have more amenities than you could ever imagine. They're spacious enough to hold large groups, and many feature hot tubs, slides, grills, fully equipped kitchens, big-screen televisions, and even fireplaces. Plus, you can go swimming right off your back deck. These floating vacation rentals are actually not difficult to use and are available on lakes and rivers across the country, so it's easier than you might think to get out on the water this summer.

 These floating vacation rentals are actually not difficult to use and are available on lakes and rivers across the country, so it's easier than you might think to get out on the water this summer