PIII: Chapter Three

A/N: so sorry for the late update. I haven't been doing very well lately. thanks for sticking with me, everyone.

#1 in fedex, huh? that's fitting. ;) thanks so much! ~ dedicated to kotlcfan772 for their awesome support. <3

apologies if Dex and Fitz are totally out of character. to me, Fitz is quite difficult to write, but I hope I did him justice.

( and I WILL TRY to update soon after this. I'm so excited for marellinh! )

DEX DIZZNEE

Let's get one thing straight.

I'm not.

Poof. The teal concoction blows up in my face. I cough, stumbling away from the elixir I'd been attempting to make. I crash into the sink and splash my face with cold water, gagging up any chemicals I might have inhaled.

"Dexter Alvin Dizznee, you idiot!" I mutter, wiping my face dry with a random towel that was probably no cleaner than my own face. "And you wonder why you're constantly messing up elixirs."

I sigh, staring at the mess of teal on my desk. I'm in the workshop at Slurps and Burps, trying and failing to create this teal elixir.

"That's what happens when you get lost in gaydreams!" I mutter. "Don't let everything teal make you think of ..."

I trail off, glancing at the door. For all I know, the triplets could be listening to my somewhat insane self talk, waiting to hear the name of my crush. Or it could be my parents. Honestly, my parents are basically kids with adult roles.

I roll my eyes at myself and grab the semi-clean towel, wiping up the mess. Why does everything teal have to make me think of him? Dark hair, white teeth, bright smile--

Gosh dang it, Dizznee, get your act together!

I toss the towel onto the floor and grab a new bottle of teal powder, preparing for another failure in making this wonderfully-coloured elixir. Unlike Sophie, I'm not completely oblivious to myself.

Because when I fell for Wonderboy, I knew it.

And I hated it.

As I mix ingredients, I muse about the first time I realized just how much I liked the dark-haired elf. I honestly don't know. Maybe when I kissed Sophie, my "crush", and discovered just how much I liked her -- as a friend. And it slowly came to me that I wasn't jealous of Sophie and Fitz because of Sophie, but --

The vial of teal powder shatters.

I curse loudly. Now how am I going to finish this?

"DEX! DEX! DEX!"

I'm not entirely sure if Rex, Lex, and Bex each said my name once or chorused it together three times, but either way, they stumble into the door and bang on it, chanting my name.

"WHAT WHAT WHAT?" I yell back, yanking off my gloves and running to open the door. Bex jabs a thumb behind her, to where a figure was slowly, cautiously walking towards me.

My jaw drops, and heat rushes to my face as I stare at the dark hair and bright eyes of the elf I'd been thinking about only moments ago. Flour dusts his hair, and he's wearing a pink-and-white checked apron over his tunic. He awkwardly holds a white box in his hands -- oh man, are those oven mitts?

I've never seen someone so cute in my life.

I realize I've been gaping at him for some time now, and the triplets are sneaking away, giggling and winking at me. More heat rushes to my face as I snap my mouth shut and glance at my feet. I must look ridiculous compared to the angel of a boy before me; there's teal powder on my worn pants and tunic, and my hair is a total rat's nest. Not to mention, my face is on fire.