|Chapter Twenty|

Jim contacts someone by the name of Harvey Dent. I've never met the man, but Jim tells me he's good. And, for the most part, I trust Jim's judgement.

When he gets here, I am pleasantly surprised. 

I had expected an older fellow of short, round stature, but what showed was a handsome middle-aged man.

Smiling, I quickly tug at my hood to make sure it's secure and then stick out my hand for him to shake, "Y/n, pleased to meet you."

"Harvey Dent, the pleasure is all mine," he greets, returning the smile and handshake. 

"Well, now that we're acquainted, let's get on this, shall we?" Jim says, wasting no time on formalities.

I nod, "Of course. Twenty years ago, Loeb's wife died. Maybe he's got himself a Cobblepot?"

"That's a good start, but it was ruled an accident."

"Jim, in Gotham anything could be covered up to look like an accident. I think we should dig around a bit. Maybe something'll turn up."

"I'm sorry about your partner, I know it's probably hard. . ." Dent trails off as if he just thought of something mind-blowing. 

He runs out. Jim and I share a confused glance before chasing after him.

~

Dent had the idea to find Loeb's old partner from way back in the day. So, we decided to lure Charlie Griggs into the locker room in order to question him.

Dent and Gordon make a very polite interrogation force. They seem to think they're really intimidating, but they are far from it. 

I don't interrupt their tactics though.

Griggs says to find Xi Lu.

So, naturally we go to the address without question. Cradling my gun in my coat pocket, I tense at the possibility of a fight, not in apprehension but rather in excitement.

We get to the Chinese restaurant and head through the kitchen down into the basement, where we find a bunch of people counting money.

"Xi Lu?!" Jim yells, gaining everyone's attention.

The man in question stands and walks to us. 

The shortened story is that we were set up by Griggs. Xi Lu sends his people after us as we run from the knife-wielding men.

I yank out my gun and shoot a good amount of them before we make it into the alley. Unfortunately, it's blocked off by a chainlink fence. Cursing, we look for other options just as a car pulls up, crashing through the fence.

"Get in!" Bullock shouts.

I wait for Jim and Dent to get in first before hopping in. Dent and I end up in the backseat, with Jim and Harv in the front seats.  

"Thanks, Harv," I say, leaning back and refilling my clip. 

Dent looks nervously at my gun, but I just smile and then put it away when I finish. Can't be too careful.

"You might want to sit this one out, Dent," Bullock tells the attorney. 

I smirk.

~

Jim drives while Bullock holds Griggs' head out of the vehicle, threatening to slam it down onto the concrete which speeds by at a rapid pace. 

This is a way better way to get information. 

"Falcone! Loeb is in with Falcone, he would know where Loeb hides his information!" Griggs says, facing his impending doom with terror in his voice. 

Jim stops the car and Harvey shoves Griggs out, "Go, before I change my mind!" 

We all exit the vehicle and discuss this new information. 

"We can't just go ask Falcone for the dirt on Loeb," I state the obvious.

"You could ask your boyfriend," Harvey quips.

I frown, "Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend."

"Aren't you with Victor?" Harvey asks in an accusatory tone.

"What? No, he's just letting me crash at his place."

"You shouldn't have anything to do with him. He's dangerous, Y/n."

"Hello, we're talking about your problems here, not my living situation. Which is none of your business, may I remind you."

"Wait, you're living with Zsasz?"

I nod, crossing my arms, "Yeah, Jimmy."

"He shot you."

"So? Harv was gonna shoot you but you're still friends."

"He didn't go through with it."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. Can we just talk about the issue here. How are we gonna stop Loeb?"

Jim thinks for a minute, "I know someone who could help."

I frown, "Who?"

"Oswald Cobblepot." 

Thanks for reading! 

Please remember to vote and comment!