My mind is pre-occupied with Lisa and I can’t find the peace that my body aches for. My body is giving up on me and I have a photoshoot tomorrow. So without any other options left, I took a bottle of wine and force down the booze in my throat.

Not even after a few minutes, sleep took over and I went straight to wonderland where Lisa is waiting for me at the fountain –

The fountain where fate bound our souls together.

~

L –

White –

That’s the first thing that came into my sight.

My body feels numb…

Sore and tired.

The lights was too bright, it almost blinded my sight.

I tried to blink twice, but my whole world is spinning and everything around me is in a blur.

I hear a voice, a muffled voice.

“Jennie?” I whisper.

“Lisa?”

There’s the voice again.

“Oh my God Lisa you’re awake!”

That voice -

it wasn’t hers.

“Lisa, can you hear me? Tell me what you’re feeling.” Now it’s a voice of a man.

Slowly, my vision became clearer and I saw a man.

“Jiyong?” I mutter.

“That’s right. I’m here, tell me what you’re thinking” he asks.

“Where’s Chaeyoung??”

“I’m here Lis, I’m here” a pair of cold hands held mine.

I glance at my best friend only to see that she’s crying.

“Chipmunk, stop crying”

“You made us all worried sick Lis!” she yells at me and I smile.

“I miss you Chipmunk”

Her eyes soften and immediately lean down to give me a hug.

“Stop crying or you’ll look puffy” she slaps me in my shoulder and I chuckle.

“Where’s Jennie?” I ask.

“Oh right! They had to return to Seoul for some photoshoots and commercial films. But I will call her now to tell her that you’re awake. She’s been messaging me all day to ask for an update and –

“Don’t” I cut her off.

She looks at me with confusion and Jiyong tilts his head to one side, studying me.

“I need to talk to Jin. Where is he?”

“He’s outside the door, do you want me to call him?” Chaeyoung asks and I nod.

“What about Jennie? She’s been worried and restless Lisa, she needs to know that you’re awake”

“Go get Jin first” she narrows her eyes and doubts for a moment but eventually gives up.

Chaeyoung walks out to call Jin while Jiyong stood silent in the corner trying to figure out my actions.

“You remember don’t you?” Jiyong cuts his silence and I only gave him a quick glance when Jin came in.

“Ms. Manoban?”

I look at Jin with a solemn expression, my eyes brimming with tears.

“You remember her don’t you? The girl from three years ago” he nods once and gave me a stern look.

The tears escaped my eyes and my heart clenched tight.

“Lisa, what’s going on? Why are you crying?” Chaeng scurries to my side.

“Why Jin?” I ask, swallowing the lump in my throat.

“I thought that it wasn’t my story to tell. I’m sorry Miss” he bows his head.

Jin was right, it wasn’t his job to tell me that I have forgotten Jennie, my cat-eyed beauty from three years ago.

“What the heck is going on?!” Chaeyoung looks at Jin and I, baffled and clueless.

I tried to sit up and grabbed Jin’s uniform.

“Tell me Jin – “ I clenched my jaw and gripped his black suit tight.

“Tell me you killed those bastards three years ago”

“Three years ago?” Chaeyoung asks.

“Answer me Jin – “

He looks at me with darkness in his eyes and a chill run down my spine.

“We infiltrated his mansion as planned but he wasn’t there” Jin answers and my brain shuts off.

“Some girls were able to escape but some didn’t.”

I forcefully shut my eyes closed, my heart racing and my jaw clenching tight.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

It wasn’t Jin’s fault, it was mine.

That same unfortunate day, my father died and my entire life was altered unexpectedly. 

Including her.

Including my memories.

Including my promise.

My heart is sinking –

I was supposed to take care of her.

I was supposed to be there for her.

I promised to protect her!

“Lisa what is happening?”

Chaeyoung embraces me and I surrendered in her arms.

My heart gave up and I broke down into tears.

Trembling, I held into Chaeyoung's arms while my tears cascaded down like a waterfall.

I’m sorry for breaking my promise, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim.

My cat-eyed beauty.

-----

AN: Hi guys! Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was busy editing JenLisa's wedding video. lol!

Add me in twitter, go check it out!

Twitter: @kaihoshi13