Fake mask can be tricky

Start from the beginning

"Never thought I would meet a fellow fake." She said with a cold emotionless voice but with some amusement in it.

"Never thought I would as well~." He switched to his second mask, which was one similar to the first one but more calm, mischievous and crazy.

"So what is your goal Missy~?" Skull asked in a cheerful voice as if he reverted back to his first mask.

"My goal, huh?" She said in a whisper as she let her true personality out.

"My goal is to become a sacrifice for the balance of the world, and to make other become one as well. Because, I, am not enough." She said in a calm voice as she touched her stomach with some care.

"I also wish to try and protect what's precious in my stomach."

Skull did not let his guards down and continue to put on his fake mask.

"And why telling me all that?" He asked.

"I truthfully don't know, maybe because I know I can trust you?" She said as she chuckled coldly.

"Trusting a stranger? How naive, little lamb~" he said with closed eyes and a smirk on his face.

"Well, I don't think I am that naive Cherep, otherwise the world would have already shallowed me." She said as her eyes glint to orange when she pronounced Skull's past name.

Skull did not falter and continued to put on his mask even thought he was shocked on how she knew that name.

"How do you even know that name little lamb?"

"I have what we call a prediction power, so what about a deal?" She told me.

"What kind of deal?" Skull asked not wanting to know how she found out his name.

"I want you to take care of my child" she said with a real smile this time.

"In exchange?" He asked.

"You see, in some time in the future, you will have to participate in some event that may change your life forever. And I know that those times I will have to betray the group but I still want someone to care for my child when I'll be gone." She explained sadly without answering his second question.

Skull did not trust her but as long as she did not know his true personality, he was safe. Even thought she could see the future, he had to trick the present then.

"Against what? You have nothing to give me little lamb~! I don't own you anything and even thought you do know my name, what does it have to do?" He asked in a mischievous voice as he leaned forward.

"Do you know a person by the name of Maria?" She asked.

"Maybe~?" He said mysteriously.

She lightly smiled before chuckling and looked at him with nostalgia in her eyes.

"Maria, that man was sure a person with many mysteries. No matter what he could trick his future with his mask, that man was a real genius. He was also the one who taught me how to make my own mask."

At this Skull tried to not falter his second mask but still act shocked under his second mask.

"I see..." he said as he looked down with a smirk.

"He has so many mask that I never learned his true personality. The true him, what a shame. A fine man like him." She said with grief in her voice.

"Yes, he was a wonderful person." Skull said honestly.

"But still, it doesn't mean I'm going to approve this deal~"

Luce looked a bit surprised at this statement and laughed more than she should have. Some tears were starting to form as she hold her stomach.

"You really are similar to him!! Anyway, the deal is I will tell you what will happen to you if you accept the deal I guess."

"Then tell me" Skull said as he ignored the loophole of the deal.

"Does that mean you accept?" She said with a smile.

"Of course~ little lamb. Despite doing stunts I am still yearning for interesting things to happen."

"Then the deal is now on" she happily said as she shook Skull's hand.