Tip Toe Balance

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Love problems?”  I asked.  I knew this already but I needed more information. 

“You were in love with Luke but you were in love with Harry too.  They each gave you something different.  And you just became so overwhelmed and then you decided maybe it would be best if you were gone.”

“Wait,” I said stopping.  He stopped as well.  “Are you saying I tried to kill myself?”

“Not exactly.  You were thinking about it.  You had written in your journal about it and then you Mum found it and sent you away to get fixed.”

“Oh.”  I said feeling embarrassed.  It must have showed.  “Don’t feel bad Kelly we all have been there at some point.”  He said. 

“So we became friends?”  I asked as we started to walk. 

“We were practically best friends.”

“Did anyone ever come visit me?”  I said without thinking.  But it was a good question.  If either of them loved me like they both claimed then they would come visit me. 

“No.”  He said plainly.  I could tell he knew it was going to hurt me and he didn’t want to do that.  “But we had speculation that maybe they didn’t know where you were.”

“So I was there for how long?”

“About 3 months.”

“And not a single visitor.”

“I didn’t say that.  You had visitors.  In fact Talia was one of them.”

“Really?”  I asked.

“Yea you guys were practically best friends.  She and….”  He paused biting his lip.

“Who?”  I asked.

“Carissa.”

“Carissa and I were friends?”

“She seemed closer to Talia than she was with you.  But she still came.”

It was quiet for a minute.  “We should probably head back.”  Liam said.

“One more question.”  I said quickly as he turned to head back after letting go of my arm.

“Shoot.” 

“What….Did I make any sort of decisions about….my mess?”  I asked unsure of how to put it. 

“Well I can’t say for certain.  But I think you had made a decision on who you thought would be the safe choice.  But I don’t know if you knew that was what you wanted.  And then when I hugged you goodbye you whispered in my ear something along the lines of sometime safe choice is not the right choice.”

SO had I made a decision?  It sounded like what Luke had said.  Maybe I had asked Harry to go so I could give us a fair chance.  But then why did we come here?

LUKE’S POV

I don’t know when but I fell asleep.  I don’t know if it was the safety of the tree or the fact that I had the company of my best friend again but I slept better than I had in days.  I probably would have slept through the night had he not woke we up.

“Luke.”  He hissed quietly.  My eyes opened but I laid there for a minute before I said anything.

“Ready?”  I asked softly.

“Yea.”  He said.  He went down the tree first then I followed.  The cover of darkness made it easy for us to move.  We walked quietly through the woods till we reached the meadow.  The small window to the hut was slightly illuminated and the moon light showed that there was smoke coming from the small chimney.