Chapter 31- I Promise, Kid

I'm really sorry for the long wait. I promise you, it's not my fault.

My friend, who's supposed to edit each chapter, decided to take a FUCKING MONTH for this chapter.

And what's annoying, she's not even busy! She just sleeps all the time!!!

Anyways.... on with the story

--------------------

As soon as Robin saw that wretched ceiling, she knew something was wrong. Heart beating wildly in her chest, she waited for FRIDAY to finish speaking- and God, if her words hadn't sent shivers through her body. She looked at Tony, trying to convey with her eyes how fuckig terrified she was.

Gritting his teeth, Tony got up and kissed Robin's forehead, warning her to stay put before rushing out the room.

Finally alone in the quiet confines of that stupid room, Robin let a couple of tears escape her eyes. She wasn't surprised; she knew this would happen sooner or later. But that didn't stop the tremors that ran through her body, signifying a panic attack. No, she couldn't panic- she tried to adjust her breathing- yes, that's it, in, out, in, out- she sighed wearily. She couldn't deal with this now. Something settled heavily in her stomach. Her brain was in blind panic, alarm bells sounding every time she tried to think.

 Her brain was in blind panic, alarm bells sounding every time she tried to think

'So stupid!' She thought furiously as tears ran down her face. She wiped vigorously at her tears, trying desperately to gain a sense of calm- to be able to think.

She spent half her life running from them. And now, when she finally found something to live for, something that made her happy, someone that cared about her- she couldn't lose that! Tony- he fucking cared. He made her feel loved and happy and a lot of other things she didn't know existed. He filled the void in her heart, and now- She had to run. She had to run right now!

She sighed deeply and wiped her tears. She couldn't afford to wait- there was no time for crying. She took off her hearing aids- no doubt Tony put tracking devices in them. She had to disappeare... immediately!

Grabbing the hem of her hospital gown, she started tugging it off when an explosion sounded through the hospital. She ran to the door and peeked through the small opening.

There was a hole in the wall the size of a window. Tony was standing with agents, arms behind his back in an intimation of surrender, but not so surprisingly he had a bored look on his face. Robin would have chuckled if she wasn't running for her life at the moment.

Seriously, though, there were a lot of agents- all armed. It was too dangerous, even for Tony. She couldn't let him get hurt because of her- for her.

Scanning her surroundings, she spotted- oh, god, it's that- that fucking worm, Ross. She should've figured- of course he would be behind all that. God, what she wouldn't give to give him a good kick now- preferably in the balls. That mental image was strangely satisfying. His slimy voice snapped her out her thought, and she quickly looked at him.