Prolouge

𝟎.𝟎

𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨

Rhea Lawson was named after a goddess

Rhea Lawson was named after a goddess. The Titan queen and mother of the gods. Her father was a professor at the local college and would show her constellations and the myths that connected them. The stories were the things that protected her from bad dreams and fears when she had no one else. They stayed with her as she grew and were as familiar as old, childhood friends.

"Papa? Will you tell me a story? A happy one," Six year old Rhea sat in her pink bed, tucked securely in her sheets. Looking up with eyes that her dad could fell for over and over again, her father chuckled.

He was a kind man, with brown hair and scruff on his chin because he always forgot to shave it. He was a busy man, head of his department in Greek mythology at the university. But no matter what, he was a family man. He could hardly resist and request from his wife or young daughter.

So he told her a story. The story of her name.

"You know, I wanted to name you Artemis. Your mother wanted Alice, she thought it was old fashioned. We compromised on Rhea. She was a Titian, one of the first to roam the earth. The mother of the gods and brought peace into an unstable world that was ruled by Kronos."

"He was bad guy. Right daddy? A bad guy?" Rhea need confirmation that he was the one to root against. No one liked a guy who was hell-bent on destroying the world.

"Yes, my little hunter, he was a very bad guy. He took his and Rhea's children and ate them. He gobbled them all up and put them in his belly," David had buried his fingers in the young girls side, tickling her into a fit of giggles.

"Oh, but Rhea stole her last child away, placed him on a mountain and was determined to protect her family, even if she had to face Kronos's wrath. That is why I named you Rhea, I hoped that you would be so determined as loyal that you would do what is right no matter what. I had hoped that you would be your own quiet hero. Rhea had protected Zeus, without her, Kronos would have been king forever. The gods would have never ruled and the world would have never know peace or harmony."

Young Rhea was fast asleep now but she never would have forgotten her fathers words. It was this story that shaped her into the kind and loving and loyal woman she would be. Save others even if you have no power. Be kind and when you have to be, ruthless to protect the ones you love. Be your own quiet hero.