Intro

It's been a year since Danielle died.
A year since my best friend had walked through our front door.
A year since my little girl had been swooped up into her mother's arms.
A year since our house was fled with the sounds of laughter, glee, and love.

The sunflowers died outside our front door.
The parking spot beside mine has always remained empty, regardless of whether we had company or not; they could park in the yard.

I remember sitting in my bed without the warm body and comforting scent of the woman whom would always lie next to me.

I remember wishing I could melt into the bed and melt off of the planet.

Lillian woke me up the next morning, shaking me awake, asking where the woman we had loved so much had gone.

I was so overwhelmed I did not speak a word; instead, I just grabbed my daughter, held her in my arms, and together, we went back to sleep.

"Jonathan."

The sound of his voice flung me out of my slumber and almost out of my bed.

"Evan, what the hell are you doing here. " I took a deep breath and tried to think.

"I made an extra key for myself. I can't check on you behind locked doors. It's what's best for you, Delirious. " His voice sounded as if he was stumbling for the right words.

"You could've given me a warning. " I sighed. He shrugged and closed my bedroom door.

I stood up, grabbed my blue robe, and walked out into the living room to see my best friend and daughter.