As Kiyotaka took out the fire with a fire extinguisher, Byakuya turned towards Naegi and slapped him across the face, much like Aoi had done to him.

Byakuya: Why would you do something so Irrational, Makoto?! Now we hardly have anything to go off of!
Celestia: Actually, I still have the blade.

The Heir turned towards the Ultimate Gambler as she walked towards them with the knife. She handed the blade to Byakuya, who analyzed it.

Byakuya:... Naegi. Was this Kyoko Kirigiri's weapon?
Naegi:...
Celestia: What gave you that idea, My dear?
Byakuya: I'm not your dear, snake. With the way Young Naegi stared at it and his desperation to see the body. That, and I can't name anyone else who has a body type similar to Kyoko Kirigiri's.
Celestia: Ah. I see.
Chihiro: Wait.. then who k-killed her?
Byakuya: I couldn't be sure. As far as I'm concerned, we're all possible suspects.
Hagakure: What? I didn't have no reason to kill her!
Byakuya: No one did. She only stayed around Naegi's friendship brigade. To make matters even more difficult, she never stayed too far from Naegi's sight or side.
Naegi: K-Kiri...

With Chihiro and Hagakure letting him go, the young Lucky Student crawled to the body and stared at it.. it was too burned and damaged to even recognize who it was...

As tears began to fall from Naegi's eyes, a pair of arms wrapped around Naegi, pulling him into a hug.

Chihiro: I-I'm sorry..for your loss...
Naegi: s..s-she promised...

While Naegi chocked on his own tears, Aoi placed a hand on his shoulder and wiped a few tears from her own eyes.

Byakuya: It's a damn shame.
Celestia: We can't allow ourselves to waste time mourning what we lost. That time will come after the trial.

As Naegi's tears ran down his face, the gym grew silent. Who ever wasn't investigating, was helping Naegi cope with this loss.

First his best friend... Now the one who made this hell doable...

...

Most of the students were silent as they made their way to the court room. Celestia and Byakuya didn't uncover enough information for anything to be too reliable. No matter the story, it didn't seem right...

Monokuma: Alright ladies and gents! Let the trial commence!
Byakuya: I advise that we start off with the assumption that Kyoko Kirigiri was the victim. It would be the only explanation as to why she is suddenly missing.
Hagakure: Yeah! That's gotta be it! You don't just disappear from nothing like that.
Celestia: With a similar body type and Dear Naegi's horrified reaction, that assumption appears to hold true. Now, I would like to ask Naegi a few questions. After all, you spend the most time with Kyoko. I'm sure you would know something useful. For instance, do you recognize the knife that was found in the body?
Naegi:... i-it was Kiri's..
Byakuya: Her own knife was used to end her life?
Chihiro: M-Maybe it was a suicide..?
Celestia: There are far to many other injuries that would show that it isn't a suicide. The knife wasn't the only weapon that was used after all. Has she ever shown any signs of depression or self harm?
Naegi: None... Not any that I would know..
Chihiro: M-Maybe she gave herself all of the injuries..?
Kiyotaka: But how would she have access to a gun?
Aoi: Wait... Chihiro.. didn't you say you were given a gun..?
Chihiro: U-Uh..
Byakuya: I recall that you did.
Celestia: Poor Chihiro. You should have kept your mouth shut..
Chihiro: I-I didn't do a-anything..!
Byakuya: Many people had access to his room. It's reasonable to believe the gun was stolen. Besides, there were many more weapons, and no real motive to team up.
Monokuma: Don't any of you remember? In a team, only the one who felt the damage is the blackened!
Celestia: Hmm. I suppose you're right.
Aoi: Then is it possible that she.. stole the gun..?
Byakuya: Indeed. With her knife, Chihiro's gun, and the potential to grab any sort of a blunt object. A suicide would make sense.
Aoi: Why would she do it though..? We weren't fighting, we were never even having any issues with each other.. right?
Celestia: I would say as much..
Naegi: doesn't... it seem off..?