Tempting Chance

Only Aoi, Chihiro, and Naegi remained with each other. Byakuya was now alone in the dorm. He didn't necessarily interact with anyone anymore.

Toko remained in her room. She refused to leave... She genuinely believed that everyone just wanted her to die. To make matters worse, Kiyotaka and Hagakure went out of their way to avoid the three.

It was just Naegi, Aoi, and Chihiro... While Naegi was helping Chihiro treat the wound Sho gave him back in the court room, Aoi paced around, seemingly in deep thought.

Chihiro: O-Ow..
Naegi: Try not to move. You took a pretty nasty cut..
Chihiro: Yeah.. I'm s-sorry..
Naegi: Just be more careful to much.
Aoi: I still can't believe you managed to hit her.. let alone managed to knock her back!
Chihiro: Training.. (YN) really helped me..
Naegi: We'll see him again. I know it. Kiri will come back, and she'll-
Celestia: I'd hope you'd learn from the trail about secrets.

As Aoi suddenly turned towards the door, Celestia opened it and smiled as she let herself in.

Naegi: Now hold on! You can't just-
Celestia: I have a proposal to make.
Aoi: Hold on. You can't just walk in here and decide that you have something to say!-
Celestia: Given your current situation, I don't necessarily believe that any of you can afford to say No. Naegi, My dear. I will speak with you within my dorm.
Naegi: Me?
Celestia: Indeed. Come along now.
Aoi: Why just him? Didn't you say that secrets are-
Celestia: Your talents aren't necessary for now. Come along now, My dearest Makoto.

Naegi glanced between Aoi and Chihiro. The Ultimate swimmer sighed and kneeled down to help Chihiro tend to his wounds.

Aoi: Go ahead. I'll help Chihiro.
Naegi: T-Thanks..

With that, Naegi stood up and followed Celestia out of the dorm room. Celestia's footsteps seemed to be almost muted as Naegi's nervous steps were evident and not hard to miss. As Celestia opened the door to her dorm, she stepped in. Though, she kept it open for Naegi as he stepped in behind her.

Almost immediately, his nerves began to take over. What did Celestia want with him? Why him? He's just an ordinary kid, right?

Celestia: Makoto, My dear. As I said, I have a proposal to make.
Naegi: Uhm.. Which is?
Celestia: Tell me everything you know.
Naegi: Uhm.. What do you mean?
Celestia: Though Monokuma revealed what you know, I'm not convinced. I want to know more.
Naegi: He revealed everything we had. I can't just-

Suddenly, Celestia turned her attention to Naegi, her deep red eyes staring straight into his own as he cut himself off...

Celestia: It's one thing to not have any information, It's another to lie about it. I know that you know more.
Naegi: H-...How..?
Celestia: The way you handled the trial. It seemed you had another card in your sleeve. I want to know what it is.
Naegi: Uhm...

As Celestia approached him, Naegi backed up into a wall.

Celestia: The cameras. Without the laptop or digital notebooks, they can't be controlled or disabled. Correct?
Naegi: U-Uhm.. Yeah..
Celestia: I figured as such. Now, what of Kirigiri's location? Where is she.
Naegi: W-What?
Celestia: You said it yourself, my dear. The body wasn't hers. I know you know where she is.
Naegi: I-I..
Celestia: Makoto..

As Celestia approached him, her clawed finger raised to his face. While Naegi tried to raise his head to avoid getting cut, she gently held him by his cheek, her red eyes staring into his own, looking deep into his very heart.

Celestia: I know that she left. That you know exactly where she is. Where is she?
Naegi: S-She..

Naegi's chin was cupped into Celestia's hand as she stared down at him, her eyes keeping complete contact with him as Naegi only shaked and stared back.

His arms were too weak to move. He was to scared to actually speak... Some how, Celestia instilled a deep fear into the lucky student.

Celestia: Tell me what I want to know..
Naegi: I...I-I..

Before Celestia could continue, a soft knocking could be heard from the otherside of the door. As Celestia held Naegi's chin in a gently, threatening grip, she opened the door and peered over.

Celestia: Hm?
Aoi: Are you done with Naegi? I gotta borrow him for a bit.
Celestia: Well, I'm afraid we are still arranging the deal. I will be sure to let him out when we are finished.
Aoi: Well, I actually need him now. I was going to-
Celestia: I will allow him to leave when we're finished making arrangements.
Aoi: But-

Before Aoi could interject, Celestia closed the door and locked it from inside. As Aoi tried to knock more, seeming more frantic with her attempts, the Ultimate Gambler returned to the Lucky student, giving him her undivided attention...

Celestia: Your friends must truly care about you... I like that. In fact... with Kirigiri gone, I suppose you're the leader now?
Naegi: W-We...have n-no l-leader..
Celestia: Interesting... Very well.

As her hold on his chin began to grow slightly more gentle, now cupping his chin in her hand as her clawed finger gently brushed against his cheek.

Celestia: From this day on, You will meet me here. Understand?
Naegi: But..-
Celestia: No what's, No buts, nothing. Understand?

Before Naegi could respond, He was suddenly pushed out from Celestia's room. While she hummed and smiled, she waved him goodbye and closed her door while Naegi held his hand to his chest, feeling his heart bump quickly as his face was pale...

Aoi fortunately came back and placed her hand on his shoulder. Naegi flinched slightly as he glanced up at the ultimate swimmer.

Aoi: Are you okay?
Naegi: I-I'm fine..

Aoi, not believing the obvious lie, she pulled him into a hug and sighed.

Aoi: Stay away from her.. Okay?
Naegi:... I'll.. I-I'll try..

While Aoi nodded and pulled away, Naegi sighed and turned back towards the door.

Celestia clearly wasn't someone that Naegi should be left alone with...