Chapter 3: Its Okay

Eddies POV

Richie kissed me. His soft lips pressed against mine. It lasted a few seconds before I pulled away. He didn't say anything, nor did I. We just looked at each other.

I turned my head away, blushing. I didn't know Richie, well loved me. I had never thought that I would have feeling for him, but now I am second guessing that.

"I'm sorry Eddie," Richie looked embarrassed, "I just couldn't help it I don't know what I was thinking-" I put my hand over his mouth.

"It's okay. It's okay Richie." I said in re assurance. Then crawled out the window.

Richies POV

I watched Eddie climb out my bedroom window. I was confused. He didn't seem mad. I put my hand on my lips as if Eddies were still there.

The movie was still playing in the background and I went to shut it off. I saw Eddies inhaler that he must have dropped from shock when I kissed him.

I grabbed it and looked at the writing written on the paper sticker wrapped around it. It read,"Eddie".

Eddie I repeated again in my head.

At school
Eddies POV

I had purposely left my inhaler at Richies house last night. It gave him a reason to have to see me again. Sure enough, Richie walked up to my locker.

"I think you left this" Richie said blushing.

"Oh, uh, yeah thanks" I reached to grab it out of Richies hand. Our hands met. We both quickly pulled them away from each other.

"I think we need to talk Ed's" Richie looked serious.

"Yeah, me too" I knew what he was referring to. The kiss. The kiss I wanted to feel again so badly.

"Come on lets go to the bathroom where we have more privacy" Richie grabbed my hand and let me to the boys bathroom. I help it tight, not wanting to ever let go. He opened the door to make sure no one was in there, then gave me a waving signal showing that it was clear.

"So.." I tried to break that awkwardness. Richie jumped up to sit on the sink.

"Last night," Richie started, "what did you mean by, 'its okay'?" I didn't know what to say.

"I meant it was okay that you kissed me. I meant that I didn't mind it. I meant that I, well I enjoyed it" I blushed.

"Oh, well that's, uh, good I guess." We locked eyes. I jumped up on the sink to sit next to him.

"We can't tell anyone about this, about us" I Richie said in seriousness.

"Us?" I repeated.

"Well, that's what I said wasn't it?" Richie protested. I leaned over kissed Richie on the cheek then walked out of the bathroom.