Groaning, I managed to pull myself up, forcing myself to sit propped against the wall, when I caught sight of a man to my right. He sat on a small wooden chair, face down, glasses sliding down his nose as he studied a book in his hands. He had dark curly hair, flickers of grey highlighting his roots. I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck, his purple shirt pulling up slightly, even though it was tucked into the khakis he wore.

He looked too nice to kidnap me and lock me in a room. Could it really be him who brought me here?

As if reading my mind, the man slowly looked up, jumping softly when he saw me staring. He pushed his glasses back up his nose. "Hi, Miss. I'm Dr Bruce Banner."

I stared at him. My throat was sore, and my stomach churned violently, twisting and clenching as I just sat there. I felt like I was going to be sick.

And that's exactly what I did.

I pressed a hand to my mouth and rolled to my left. As I fell out the bed I caught sight of a small metal bin, which I grasped and pulled towards me. I promptly filled it, my body shaking, tears streaming down my cheeks, as my body spasmed against the edge of the bed. Once I felt myself stop, I gently leant back, letting myself rest, my head rocking back to rest on my shoulder.

"Miss, I'm just gonna take that from you. Here's a fresh one. I'll be back in a minute." I didn't fight as the man pulled the bin out of my hands, planting a clean one next to my side. I heard distant voices, then a door open.

I was too exhausted to think, my thoughts too blurred from the pain pounding through my body, my head banging as I felt myself slowly give up.

A hand appeared in my line of vision, holding a small glass. I eyed it, too tired to ask, before the man spoke again. "It's just water, Miss. I promise." His voice was soothing, instantly making me trust him. I raised my hand, sipping the water gently.

It took about twenty minutes for me to finish the glass, the water soothing my throat as I drank it slowly. As I finished it, my head slowly clearing, the man appeared in front of me, squatting down to talk to me.

"I'm Dr Bruce Banner." He introduced himself, pointing at his chest. I nodded slowly, not realising he'd already introduced himself to me.

"I..." I frowned as my voice cracked, wobbling as some tears threatened to spill down my cheeks. "I'm Eliza."

He nodded, smiling encouragingly as he spoke again. "Am I okay to ask you a few questions?" I nodded. "Can I help you back onto the bed? Would you be more comfortable?"

I felt a single tear fall down my face, "yes please." I whispered, and soon I felt strong arms wrap around me, as he pulled me up and helped sit me back down on the bed. He pulled the light sheet back over my legs, then dragged his chair to my side.

Sitting down, he smiled, "how old are you, Eliza?"

I forced a smile, believing this could be the only question I might be able to answer, "Um, 18."

I heard him mutter, "shit," before he shook his head and looked back to me. "Do you remember what happened this morning?"

I frowned. What time was it? I had no idea what had happened after I'd left work at noon. I wracked my brain, "I work at the small café near my home. I planned to meet my brother across town, but..." I trailed off, knowing I couldn't remember anything after this moment.

Bruce raised an eyebrow, leaning closer, "and then what?"

I stared down at my hands. What had happened? I shook my head "I'm really sorry, but I can't remember."