***

Tony had managed to grab the unknown Hulk, and fly out to the abandoned area surrounding the Avengers facility in upstate New York. Steve had grabbed Peter and followed him to the facility, hovering on the edge of the field as they watched Tony punch the Hulk unconscious.

"Guys?" Tony's voice rang over to Steve and Peter who hesitantly began jogging over.

"What?" Steve shouted back, first to reach Tony's side.

"It's a girl." Tony stepped out of the hulkbuster and yanked his suit jacket off, lying it over a small figure. Peter flipped over to land on her other side, kneeling to check she was breathing.

Steve watched her, "we need to get her inside."

Tony rolled his eyes, "oh I'm sorry Captain, I was planning on leaving her out here."

Steve glared at him, "now is not the time for snarky comments Stark."

Tony rolled his eyes in response, "well Captain Obvious, what do you plan on doing when we get her inside? She's harmless, there's no need for the cell."

"You don't know that she's harmless" Steve bit back, both men turning their back to the girl on the ground.

Peter rolled his eyes as he listened to the two men bicker, and slowly wrapped Tony's jacket tighter around the girls body, covering as much skin as he could to give her some privacy, taking in her appearance as he did so.

Her hair fell just past her shoulders, the colour of fallen leaves in autumn. She looked a similar age to him, late teens, early twenties, maybe. Her face looked young, but had defined features showing her maturity.

A jolt of recognition hit him as he realised she was the girl who had served him coffee that morning at the cafe near his house.

He gently cupped his arms under her knees, an arm holding her body to his chest. Careful to make sure the jacket still covered her against the wind, Peter rolled back onto his feet, and began the lengthy walk towards the facility. Once Steve and Tony realised Peter had left carrying the girl, they jogged to catch up.

Tony stuck his arm out but Peter shrugged him off "Peter, what are you-"

Peter cut him off. "I'm sorry Mr Stark but she looked cold. I'm not touching her directly in case that triggers the Hulk or anything, but I thought it safer to get her inside.

Tony stared at him, then eyed Steve who sighed. "Sorry kid."

"Yeah, I'm sorry too." Tony added.

"Where am I taking her to?"

Tony held the door open, and began leading the group down the corridor. "Hulks cell. She might be harmless now but if she gets upset then we could have an unwanted visitor."

***

~Eliza's POV~

The silence was deafening. An empty, endless abyss, the darkness stretching out beyond my vision. My entire body ached, a sharp pain stabbing my sides and chest. I tried desperately to pull myself awake. I needed the reassurance I was alive, but I was scared of what might meet me when I opened my eyes.

I managed to open them, but had to close them quickly as a blinding light shone directly into them. I peered down, letting my eyes adjust slowly before testing my arms, stretching slowly. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, my body too stiff to pull into a sitting position.

I was in a sterile, white room, with no windows and a huge shut door set into the wall in the corner. I could feel myself lying in a bed, the mattress soft underneath me, my shoulders and head propped onto pillows. I began panicking, my heart thumping loud and hard in my chest. I had no idea where I was, the worry of being locked in an unknown room beginning to pull me into a spiral of terror.