Chapter Twenty Two - Finale

Começar do início

            “You don't know what your talking about!” Colton yelled back.

            I know I've always been a good girl, a daddy's girl. But that wasn't me anymore.

            “Fine. We'll let Krissy decide,” Dad looked at me expectantly, his arms crossed over his chest.

            Colton agreed and let go of my wrist and turned to look at me.

            At this point there was no hard choice needed to be made. I had already made up my mind. No doubt I was making the right decision.

            I stepped out from behind Colton and walked towards my dad. I wrapped my arms around him giving him a huge bear hug.

            When I pulled away from him I looked back at Colton. His face had dropped.

            “Dad,” I said, looking back up at him, “I'm sorry. But I'm not leaving Colton,” I explained.

            He didn't looked very surprised, instead he shook his head in disappointment that soon turned to anger.

            He'd never been angry with me. Not seriously. It was kind of scary to look at him like this. 

            “No,” he stated.

            He gripped my shoulders and turned me around, steering me towards the door.

            “I don't care what you want. You're my daughter, I'm your legal guardian, I tell you what to do,” Dad ordered.

            I dug my heels into the carpet, trying stop him from dragging me along.

            “Dad let go!” I yelled.

            He ignored me and continued to pull me along.

            “She made up her mind. Let her go,” Colton warned.

            He'd stepped in front of my dad, challenging him once again.

            When Dad ignored him, Colton pulled me out of Dad's grip and into his arms. Then we didn't waste anytime. We ran out of sight and out the back door. The last thing I heard from the house was our parents calling our names. But that certainly didn't stop us. I was relieved when I realized that they hadn't noticed Dwayne's bloody body laying on the floor just around the corner from where we'd been arguing.

            “Where are we going?” I asked Colton as I climbed into his truck.

            “Anywhere you want,” he smiled, starting the truck.

            “We're not coming back, are we?” I asked.

            He shook his head after taking a moment to think about it.

            “Then I think we should get some money. I have an emergency bank account we can withdrawal from,” I told him.

            “As do I,” he said.

            I ran all this through my mind. We're actually doing this. We're actually running away together.

            “You're sure about this?” Colton asked.

            “Yeah. I am,” I confirmed.

            A huge smile spread across his face.