"Erika you've been gone all day and you missed so much. Mrs.Banks slipped in the green beans and fell" She explained. I got to admit, Maddie was growing on me.

"Sorry I missed it, I'll be at lunch tomorrow"

Lunch is the only meal of the day when boys and girls aren't separated. Breakfast and Dinner are different for some reason.

"Tomorrow is visiting day, are your parents going to come visit you?" She asked me with an innocent smile.

"No, I don't think they are" I told her honestly.

I hear Kage clear his throat awkwardly and look up, seeing the look on his face. Oh no, I'm about to be interrogated.

"Maddie can I talk to Erika alone for a moment?" She nodded happily and skipped away. As I watched her go off, I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned to Kage, not being able to look him in the eye.

"Erika you have more bruises than before.. Is there something you're not telling me?" He said in a hushed and concerned tone.

"I'm anemic Kage, I bruise easily. Those could be from anything" I answered as I covered the fresh bruise on the back of my neck.

"You never told me that" He said, not buying my lie one bit. I sighed and wondered how long was left in the day. I didn't want to talk about this anymore, I just wanted to sleep so this horrible day could end.

Kage can't know about what happened because if he found out... well things would not be good.

I simply turned around and went down the hall to the girls ward; I just want to be alone for the time being.

~~

When I got into my room, I look off my hoodie and threw it on my bed, sitting next to it. There were no mirrors almost anywhere in this place, so I had no idea what I looked like.

My fingers glided over the back of neck where the developing bruise was and then slid down to my collar bone where the disgusting hickeys were...

**

"but of course no one would believe a crazy girl"

I could feel his hands slide down my arms before he walked around to stand in front of me. He then knelt down and leaned towards me.

"This isn't right.. You can't do this to your patients" I said, my heart pounding with fear and disgust.

"I'm sure Kage could- ooh wait... if I say I got a confession from you, then he's off to the Danger Ward with no one to protect you.." He paused, a nasty grin on his face.

"Come on Erika, I read your file.I know you're a virgin.."

**

I was lucky enough to only experience some of what he said he wanted to do to me. The definition of lucky being used loosely in that sentence. I sighed deeply.

The voices ran through my head, trying their best to downplay what had happened.

He only kissed me, he could've done worse.

Yeah, but he wanted to do more..

If you lose Kage, you lose everything.

I pressed my palms against my ears to try to not only block out the voices but also the whole world. Right then my door opened.

"Erika we need to ta- What the fuck is all over you?" Kage exclaimed. My head shot up and I scrambled for my hoodie, trying to throw it on quickly.

Kage snatched it from me and threw it across the room. I backed into a corner and stared at him... fuck..

"How did you get in here?" I asked.

"I snuck in"

"Go away"

"Not until you tell me who did that to you" Kage said, never taking his eyes off my neck and collar bone.

"Kage I can't"

~Kage's p.o.v.~

"Kage I can't" she whined.

I grabbed the chair at the desk and put it up against the door knob so no one could get in. I then sat next to her on her bed.

"Erika you don't need to keep things from me" I said in a gentle tone. When I looked into her eyes, I saw something I never knew she could feel... fear.

"What happened" I said softly. She shook her head and looked down. I shifted myself so that I was sitting directly in front of her.

"Erika look at me" I said using my index finger to lift her chin up.

"Tell me who it was, I can help"

"No Kage, I can't"

I was trying my best not to raise my voice and make the situation worse.

To be honest, I didn't know how to handle this. Usually, Erika was fearless and could look me in the eye with no problem. Right now, she looked so scared of everything and the fact that she was keeping secrets just infuriated me.

One thought that ran through my mind was that she was seeing someone else...

How can she be seeing someone else when she isn't even seeing you.

She wouldn't be so scared if she was seeing someone else.

"Come to my room for the night" I offered. She took a deep breath and shrugged.

"What about checks?"

"They don't check my room at night, they just lock the door until morning" I explained. She nodded and got up, picking up her hoodie from the floor. I stood up and hugged her. 

"Come on, I know how to get past the nurses."