09| Web of Lies

***

The next day Ramon and I were working in the conference room, attempting to schedule his promotional tour for the new App we were set to launch in three months. We were both in the middle of an argument when suddenly Wally appreared in the middle of the room. 

Ramon stood up suddenly clutching his chest as if he was about to have a heart attack. " I told you I don't like when you do that whoosh thing!"

"It wasn't me..."

We didn't have a chance to further question him before Jade also appeared soon followed by Iris and Barry. It took a moment to fully process what was happening, and when the pieces of the puzzle clicked I was filled with a moment of rage from being lied to once again. 

Because Barry Allen was a speedster. 

"Who are you?" I asked, suddenly feeling protective of everyone in the room, including Ramon. The deception and lies that Barry was been telling us, being the only true thing I knew about the man, the strangler, in from of us now.

"The man who's gonna help you stop the Rival." He declared, and what came next left us all in a cold silence. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but a story about time travel and different timelines was not it. 

Even after Barry finished talking we all sat in silence, taking in all of this information. Weighing the truth of it. 

"Okay, so I can tell from the "I don't believe you" looks on your faces that you don't believe me." Barry stated after the silence stretched out for too long. The truth was I simply didn't know what to say. 

"We believe you're a speedster," Wally said, being the first who seemed to snap out of their thoughts. "but you're gonna have to explain that part about Flashpoint again."

"All right, look. This is as simple as I can put it." Barry continued visibly stressed by this whole situation. "I went back in time, stopped the Reverse Flash from killing my mom. In doing so, I created an alternate timeline, a whole new existence where you're Kid Flash."

"The Flash." Wally attempted to correct. 

"Kid Flash." Everyone in the room corrected, resulting in a look of disappointment and betrayal from Wally"

"And Cisco's a billionaire." Barry stated quickly, and somehow learning that there was a timeline where Cisco wasn't rich was slightly satisfying. 

"So you're saying there's a time line out there where I'm not rich?" Cisco questioned in disbelief, finally showing some interest in this whole mess we seemed to find ourselves in. "Boy, that's a glitch in the universe." 

"No, not buying it." Wally insisted still in denial. And as crazy as this whole story that Barry was telling us seemed. I believed him. Maybe it was the desperate look in his eyes, or that ridiculous feeling that I could trust him. But I did believe him. "Um, my life is my life. Didn't just start three months ago, okay? I've always been me."

I didn't miss the occasion glance that Barry seemed to give me anytime he spoke. It was clear that he wanted me to say something. He was expecting something from me. Something that I couldn't give even if I knew what he wanted. "Yeah. I don't know what to tell you, Wally. It's complicated."