The Masked Vampire Who Saves My Life And I Don't Even Know His Name

"Huh?" I pulled what had to be THE most confused face in the world.

Okay not bigging myself up or anything but I was a smart girl. I graduated from a great university where I then became an author under a different name. I had a great imagination which proved well as my book series had became number one in many different countries and was still one of the most popular books bought for four years running. I had my first book published when I was twenty and as the demand for more grew, so did interest in making it into a film.

The best part about my life was the fact that I was Alexander Daniels, a normal woman who didn't get stalked by fans because they didn't know that Alex Anderson was actually me.

I kinda lost my muse after finishing the series of my books. I had enough money to keep me happy for the rest of my life. But that wasn't the point. My imagination dimmed.

Anyways, enough of my amazing life as a mysterious novelist!

"So what you're trying to say is that the military are using vampires and werewolves to fight humans who stand no chance against them?" I declared. "And because one of your vampires got loose they decided to chomp on my neck!"

A staring war broke out between Hank and I from across the table as they showed me a video of their "Special Recrutes" performing.

"Alexander, we're using them to help bring down the rogues who attack innocent humans. Our recrutes are only protecting our own." Hank said, military voice and all as his "Minions" sat around the table.

"So how did your recrute get loose?" I continued to demand, outraged.

"He's still a fledgling and blood lust overrode him. The recrutes that cannot contain the blood lust have a microchip implanted on the brain to contain that problem. Something went wrong with his." Another one of the "Important" people said.

I didn't really understand much of the ranking within the army, but I'll never tell Hank that. He'd demand I write a fifty thousand word essay on each ranking knowing him.

"The project was recognised by your fathers vision of super recrutes being able to protect this country, meaning you, and every other defensless person in the country whom cannot fight these creatures because they can crush you with a blink of an eye." Another one added.

"These people are not yours. Haven't you thought about their families? Do they know about this? Did they give you permission?" I met their bold stares head on.

"No. And they can never find out. The ones that were already turned have enrolled themselves. The families of the the rest of them think that they died defending their country. They are at peace." My Uncle Hank said, standing up.

I stood up too as a show of dominance. "Haven't you had any thoughts on the fact that these recrutes might be a husband? A wife? A mother or father? What about the recrutes? How do they feel about being kept away from their loved ones?"

"They don't remember who they are when they got changed." He replied, matter of factly.

This stunned me.

"Look, Hank." I said, moving towards the door. "It's been nice seeing you and all but I want no involvement in this. I'm going home."

"Alex, you can't do that." He said, two of his "Super Recrutes" suddenly blocking my exit.

"Listen fangs!" I snarled at them. "If you don't move, I'll give you such a kicking that my foot will permenantly be imprinted on your asshole!"

They ignored me so I booted one of them in the shin. Not even a blink of the eyes. No sign of pain.

I grimaced and crossed my arms.

"What I tell you next will probably stun you," Hank continued, dusting his hat for any imperfections as he sat back in his chair.

"Oh yeah? Try me." I growled, pissed off.

"A lot fo vampires and werewolves alike want your neck under their teeth and your blood on their hands." He simply said, as if we were having a conversation over a family dinner.

"That's fine," I bluffed. "I can handle myself."

One of them said, "Silly girl."

I glared at him. "Excuse me, Robot, but this silly girl will kick your teeth in if you don't show some respect. After all, my father used to be the Sergent Major around here."

"It's because of your father that these things want to kill you. He made alot of enemies when he's troops took down pack after pack of wolf and nest of nest's over vampires over the years."

I laughed, "My father's dead. He died when I was seven. These vampires and whatever must be thicker than they were before they were changed."

"Is that what you think?" He snorted.

"Easy," My Uncle warned.

My eyebrows drew together. "Listen, don't you even think of disrespecting my fathers memory! He died serving his country! If you ever speak of him, you better be praising him to the high heavens for what he gave to his country!"

Storming and seething with rage I lunged at him and punched him hard in the nose, breaking it.

"Let that be a lesson to you all!" I screamed, wanting to punch him again for what he said. I glared at Hank, "And you! You're meant to have been his best friend, yet you sit and listen to these disrespecting his memory!"

Hank stood but unfortunately he didn't get the chance to say anything.

One of the vampire recrutes saw the blood dripping from the guys nose and lunged at him, followed by the other. Everything happened so fast. Suddenly the room was filled with bulging men who dragged the vampires from the now drained dead guy - who's name I did not know - and hauled them ouside.

The doctor who patched my neck up came rushing in and started poking and prodding the corpse as bile rose up my throat from all of the blood.

"Get him to the hospital, there's still a chance he can make it without turning." The doctor simply said.

Arms went around me and dragged me out of the room despite my struggle.

I did see Hank's fuming glare pointed at me as the door closed.

"Get off me!" I screamed.

Shocked when the guy put me down I turned on him only to turn whiter than a ghost.

The man standing in front of me was also a good friend of my father. He died with my father. I remember that! I went to his funeral with his two kids! He was buried next to my father!

"Jack?" I whispered, my voice catching.

His eyes drew together. "How do you know my name?"

"It's me, Alex." My voice dropped a little more. "Don't you remember me? I used to play in the paddling pool with your two kids Jack Junior and Sarah. I'm Bradley Daniel's daughter! His wife was Marie Daniel's! You were at my sixth birthday party! You bought me a tinkerbell costume and me and your kids dressed up as Peter Pan and Wendy.

"Don't you remember? You and my father almost had a heart attack when we really thought we could fly! And Jack broke his arm!"

I gave up. He was looking at me as though I were crazy.

Sobbing, I ran from the corridor and turned left, running through a door that said "No one beyond this point without authority" on the front.

It lead me to a white room where the lights were so bright. Shock caused another load of tears to fall down my cheeks. There was a line of confinment areas with glass as the doors. It looked as if you needed a thumbprint to unlock them.

Lines of vampires with red eyes locked on me, their skin unhealthily pale. Lines of werewolves were on the other side, some turned into full wolves pacing the confinement area.

But as my eye caught the cell in front of me, I was almost as white as the vampires.

There shackled to the wall and unable to move yet staring at me as if I was pray... was my father.