The Masked Vampire Who Saves My Life And I Don't Even Know His Name - Ch.2

Chapter 2

I woke hungover groaning. I was just about to move when the piercing pain in my neck reminded me of last nights events.

"Alexander?" A deep voice came from my left.

"Uncle Hank?" I whispered, my voice feeling like razor blades.

A hand brushed my forehead. "I'm here, sweet girl."

"I got bit of a vampire." I said, my voice matter of fact.

A chuckle bubbled from his mouth at my bluntness. "I'm glad you're observant."

"How can it be?" I whispered, "they're fairytales inspired to scare children while Hollywood likes to scare the bejeus out of us."

"Don't you mean bejesus?"

"That's what I said," I muttered.

I opened my eyes to see my uncle Hank sitting on the side of the bed. I was in my old bedroom which was a little girls dream. Full of pinks and purples and unicorns and fairies and teddies. The quilt cover was infact the disney's tinkerbell bedding that I begged my uncle for when I was nine.

I hadn't been here since I was ten. I ended up moving to London with my uncles wife, Aunt Jackie, because an army base was no place for a child to grow up.

Well me.

I was an adventurous kid and loved watching the recrutes excersising and often ran with them until they were too fast for my little legs to keep up with me.

One day I ended up flying my kite on the Gun Ground where soldiers practiced their targets. Bullets flew past me before they realised I was there. Then all of a sudden my uncle's screaming and running and I'm crying because my kite got shot.

Douches! I loved that kite!

And then ofcourse there was the time when I thought I was an army girl and had to be rescued for getting stuck upside down on a tree.

My excuse? I wanted to be a pilot and get over my fear of heights.

I swear my uncle was blue in the face, he held his breath so long as I explained myself - My face red from so much blood rushing to my brain.

The last straw was when I stole the key to my uncles draw where he kept his handgun and kept the next door neighbours kids tied up to a tree while I pointed a gun at them telling them I was here to save the cervillians and they wouldn't be getting untied until they told me where they are.

How was I to know the gun was loaded?

One minute I was standing there, the next I accidentally shot the little boys foot when I pretended to shoot his foot, not realising I actually did until the powerful bang of the gun almost sent me flying.

I got is sooooooo much trouble for that!

And I never knew what happened to the cervillians - Aka Marnie Jacobs and Michael Jacobs who were brilliant at screaming "Help Alex, oh great one!"

Anyways... Away from memories of my childhood.

" - you would be able to get bitten by a vampire that managed to get out of containment, Alex." Hank went on and on.

I sat up saying, "It wasn't exactly my fault, Hank! I was just minding my own business and he attacked me!"

"I've lost count how many times you've said it wasn't your fault," He smiled, ruffling my hair.

Hank was a tall man. His dark brown hair was perfectly cut, his features sharp, his face shaven smooth. He was a practical man who prefered tradition. In other words he liked his food on the table when he came home and his wife obedient.