T W E N T Y N I N E

Depuis le début

"Imma beat yo ass, get out my face."

"Okay. And imma get on his."

Taylin slapped her phone out of her hand when she began typing, making her let out a fake gasp.

"You pushing yo luck imma hurt yo stupid ass." He looked at her with annoyance, letting his eyes fall to her petite body when her dress fell.

"M-my bad." She hit her chest when it began to burn, forgetting she was naked.

"Come here." He said plainly, immediately seeing her come towards him.

-

Taylin felt his blood pressure rise as the line behind him got louder. He couldn't even go to in and out without some bullshit happening.

"Here you go pretty girl." The cashier said, making Tays trigger finger itch.

"Say, cut it the fuck out." He tapped his knuckle on the counter and leaned over, intimidating the older but smaller man behind the counter.

"Boy stop. It's fine." She kissed his cheek and sighed, quickly texting her mom to bring Sanai back home. Not having your baby around was like waking through Walmart naked, like something was missing.

"No because I'm getting irked. Ugly counting ass nigga better watch his eyes before I take them and all the cash in the raggedy ass register." Taylin said before remembering he wasn't a criminal anymore.

"You are so mean."

"You treated me like shit, cried, and broke up with me almost 11 times during your entire pregnancy but I'm mean?"

"I was carrying another human and you did everything I didn't want you to do everyday. If I say I have an appointment at 10 why would you be on the way at 10?"

"Okay I get that but-"

"If I say don't talk to the bitch why would you talk to the bitch? Around me at that?"

"I was just tryna make you mad."

"Exactly. Then I look like the bad guy when you piss me off intentionally. Most of the time I just stay under you and keep my peace but you be trying me." She said as they got in the car.

"Okay but I love you."

"I want my baby." She intentionally ignored him and he sucked his teeth, mushing her roughly as he got in.

"Quit playin."

-

"How you been doing?" Silas asked Xander who looked bored as he scrolled through his phone.

"Selling drugs." He said casually.

"You could go to school and shit. You smart."

Xander just looked at him. He was tired of being told what to do and what he should do, especially when the people around him wasn't doing no better.

"I'm not taking life lessons from a crackhead. Here, get the fuck out my face." He threw an eighth at his father, seeing his eyes light up. Silas cleared his throat and kept his composure knowing it was his fault the boy was like this in the first place.