Chapter Thirty-Five ~Alexa~

My pencil thudded on the Calculus book in front of me in perfect sync with the rain on the window. I watched as each drop bounced off onto the concrete. Mr. Siehl’s monotone voice drifted to the back of my mind as the rain continued. I wished my thoughts would have done the same.

                I should’ve talked to him. I should’ve waved or something. What if he thinks I hate him? But I do hate him. Don’t I?

                I pushed the thought away. I knew I needed him, I just didn’t know how.

                I jumped as the thunder cracked above me, shaking the school in its fury. I shifted in my seat, suddenly wishing I wasn’t next to the window, which creaked under the force of the wind. I checked my class schedule. Only five more minutes left.

                Those five minutes could not come fast enough. The swirling wind sent cold blood through my veins. It had a becoming effect on me. It was as if there was an alternate energy sitting on my shoulder, seeping into my skin. I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable.

                The bell rang. I almost took out a few other students in my haste to get out.

                I mumbled an apology as I slid my schedule out of my pocket. We had a ten minute break leading up to the last two classes of the day. My heart pulled in my chest as my eyes met Jay’s. He was casually leaning against my locker, examining me. His dark eyes beamed, a smirk spreading across his face.

                “What?” He took my books as I flashed him a devilish smile. He leaned in just close enough for me to feel the warmth of his breath as he talked. I retreated into my locker.

                “Nothing, I just haven’t seen you all day.”

                “You haven’t seen my since lunch, which was two hours ago,” I corrected. He bent down and slid my books into the empty slot in my locker.

                “And that means I can’t miss you?” The lock clicked shut behind me as he closed my locker door.

                “Well-“ I began. His lips were pressed to mine before I could finish. I grunted, pulling away from him. “Jay, there are people around.” I took in the bodies mingling around us, the eyes scanning us for our next move.

                “As long as there are no teachers,” he said, his grin returning. I was once again pulled up against his body. I could feel the rapid beating of his heart as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands gripped my sides as he leaned me up against the lockers. He pulled away and a moan of protest escaped my lips. His breath drifted down my neck as he laughed.

                I wondered why I wasn’t a puddle on the floor.

                “So about tonight,” he lifted his eyes to mine, but his body stayed close. He tucked my hair behind my ear. “I was thinking.”

                “Oh, really?” I teased. “You never cease to amaze me.” He grinned at my cliché joke.

                “Anyways, I was thinking maybe dinner and a show?”

                “Well that depends on what kind.” I flashed him another devilish smile.

                “What kind of what?” His eyes flicked over my lips.

                “Well first what kind of dinner, and I’m almost scared to ask what kind of show.” He laughed.

                “It’s at my house, dinner and a movie. My parents thought it would be a good idea to have you over, but I must warn you of the terrible cooking in our family.”