eight

I kicked my shoes to the side and threw myself on the bed. No one was home. I layed there for minutes. Tears were streaming out of my eyes. How could I be stupid, to even meet up with Harry? He was pretending to like me, he told me I was cool, but the way he said, that we weren't even friends was hurtful. I left right after. My phone was buzzing endlessly. I knew that it was him. Normally I would be thrilled, to see his name popping up on the phone screen, but now, I was trying to get him out of my head. I hesitatingly reached out for it. Should I answer or not? To be honest, I wanted to, but I couldn't. I inhaled deeply and than picked up. "Don't call me ever again-" He cut me off. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I just told you that we weren't friends, because I thought, you thought the same." His words confused me, "I never thought about that. I told you about me Harry, ofcourse we have to be atleast friends. I mean I won't go around and tell any stranger about my problems." He was quiet. "I know.." His voice was raspier than before. "I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes, "If you say so."

"Are you alone?" He asked, I got off the bed and strutted downstairs. "No." I lied. "Oh okay."

"Can I talk to you tomorrow?" He asked and I said yes, only because I knew, how worried he was. Again, I waited for him to hang up first.

"You can take a break." My boss told me. I shrugged it off. As f I really needed a break, a break, would give me much more time to think about Harry. Damn it! I wanted to see him again so bad, but not after what happened. "I mean it, take a break." I slowly turned around, his face was serious. "I'm okay Gregg." I shortly replied and went back to work. I would work for a few more hours, until my body needed a break. "Take a break, you look exhausted." Brenda appeared. "I really don't-" She cut me off, "What's wrong?" I shrugged. "Is it because of Harry?" I held my breath, "Why are you asking?" I told Jess about it, but she would never tell anyone. "I just guessed. Is it because of him?" I shook my head and strutted away.

Brenda, the most curious person I've ever met. She was a good friend, since I worked in this diner for years, but I wouldn't even consider to tell her that. I mean, when it came to stuff like this, she was always right and I didn't want to hear the truth. Not everyone had to know about my crush on Harry.

My body was on work modus, and no one could tell me to take a break. I went from table to table, the diner became busier. "Welcome to Gregg's Diner, what do you want to-" Crystal clear green eyes and a smile on an angelic face. "Hey." Harry. "W-what are you doing here?" I looked around, as if he wasn't supposed to be here. "Can I have two burgers and two milkshakes please?" I looked around again, just to see, who he was here with. It had to be Josephine. He wanted to rub his relationship in my face. I brought him his order, but didn't ask him for money. He never left my sight. I silently took his money, it was too much. "Keep the change." He told. I shook my head, one part of me wanted it, but the other didn't. I refused to take it. "You know I'm not that poor. " I harshly replied and he rolled his eyes. "Josephine is probably waiting-" He cut me off. "She isn't. I'm here by myself." It took me a moment to answer. My eyes glued on the food. "You wanna eat that all alone?" Now I noticed,  how hungry I actually was. His face hinted something. "I actually thought you would join me." The butterflies again. But I wasn't that easy. "I need to work." I lied, "Brenda told me you needed a break.. come on Tish. Just you and me. I owe you. " I gulped. Just us. Harry and I. He wanted to talk to me.

I finally decided to take a break and eat with him. I actually thought no one could make me do it, but of course Harry could. "Thanks". I shyly thanked him and he smiled. "I'm sorry." He started, when we finally sat down. I thought we discussed this on the phone. "I was an arse.. really."

I laughed it off, he was confused. "What's so funny?" I leaned back. "I'm not mad. I admit, I was childish." He was quiet. "I'm sorry for being so whiny." I almost whispered. He shook his head, "You're not." I noticed Brenda in the corner of my eye, she was spying on us. I turned my head towards her, but she just pretendet to be busy. "What's up to her?" I shrugged, "She thinks.. she is always curious. " I stopped myself, from saying what I wanted to say.

I actually never thought, that Harry and I would talk about thinks we both liked. Now I wanted to know even more about him. "So you go to college?" He nodded. "Where do you actually live, I mean do you live do you live in the dorms?" I asked. "Not anymore, I just moved an apartment recently." He informed me. I wished I lived in the dorms, I wanted to go to college so bad. Now it seemed unrealistic,  I had no money and I din't know, if they even want me there.

Since my parents weren't at home, I allowed Harry to srop me at home. "Thanks." I thanked him, "Don't sweat it." I hesitated but asked him, "Do you wanna come in?" It took me a lot of courage to ask that. "Oh I can't, I need to go to work now." I nodded. Why did he had to work, had his rich parents. I decised to keep this thought to me. "Maybe we could hang out tomorrow?" He looked like he was thinking about it. "I can't." I didn't even wanted to adk him why. " Sometime this week?" He rose his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, I'm quiet busy for this hole week." I nodded, great. How desperate did I sound? "Maybe next week?" I nodded again, "Okay, see you then." I shut the door. "Wait," I turned araound, trying to conceal my disappointment. "Next weekend, I promise." He smiled. "Okay." I turned araound and went inside.