❆Chapter 1❆

Age 18
(Y/N) let out a big yawn as tears appeared from the corner of her eyes, she held out her open hand covering her mouth. It was softly snowing as flakes kissed her cheeks before melting and evaporated into nothingness.

She watched patiently below, her uniform fluttered in the direction of the wind. She looked over to her left to see her partner for this mission, his piercing blue eyes looked straight back at her.

He gave her a slight nod as he jumped down and landed on the soft snow and ran towards two children rolling along on the floor, the girl on top of the boy snarled and snapped on the boy underneath her, the demoness then cried heavy glops of tears that fell onto the boy.

Out of nowhere, Tomioka came into the fray, blade in hand as he swooped his blade forwards aiming his blade at the nape of the demon. However, the boy reacted quickly and flipped both him and the girl, the blade narrowingly missed his neck but had sliced his short ponytail off instead.

The boy clutched his sister into his chest as they rolled down the hill, snow flew from all directions at the impact of the blade onto the ground, the siblings then hit a tree and the demon shrieked down her size.

Tomioka faced the siblings.

"Why are you protecting it?" he asked the boy monotonously

"She is my sister! She is my younger sister!" the boy replied as the demon started to claw her way out of there, the boy proceeded to call out her name.

"You call that thing your sister?"

Tomioka then lodged forward, his katana blade pointed towards the demon. In a split second the demon was out of the brother's arms but now in the clutches of the demon slayer himself.

"Nezuko!"

"Don't move. My job is to slay demons, needless to say, I'm going to decapitate your sister."

"Hold on! Nezuko hasn't killed anyone! Back at my house, there was another scent that I'd never smelled before! That's probably the one who killed my family! It wasn't Nezuko! I don't know why she turned like that, but... but still..." the boy desperately tried to persuade Tomioka to let go of his sibling.

"It's quite simple, because her wounds were exposed to demon blood, she turned into a demon. That's how man-eating demons multiply."

"Nezuko would never eat humans!"

"You gotta be kidding. Just now, you were about to be devoured."

"You're wrong! I'm sure she knows who I am! I won't let her hurt anyone! I'm gonna turn Nezuko back into a human! I swear I'll heal her!"

"She can't be healed. Once you become a demon, you can never revert back into a human again."

"I'll find a way, no matter what! So, please... so, please don't kill her!"

The (H/C) haired lady had enough of this charade, she has heard all that she needed. (Y/N) jumped down from the tree and swiftly landed on the snow, no sound was made as she softly walked towards the trio, the boy screamed at Tomioka to not kill his precious sister. Even as far as doing a dogeza, an attempt to persuade Tomioka, but the demon slayer only stared blankly at the boy, his katana at the throat of the demon. He began to shake in anger as he shouted

"Don't ever give others a chance to murder you! Stop that pathetic grovelling! If it was the least bit effective, you're family wouldn't be dead! Can a weakling who can't take the initiative in such a situation heal his sister?! Hunt down the enemy?! Don't make me laugh! The weak have no rights or choices! Their only fate is to be relentlessly crushed by the strong! The demons may know how to cure your sister! But dont think that a demon will respect your will or wishes! Naturally, I have no respect for you, either! That's reality! Why did you throw yourself over your sister earlier? Was that your way of protecting her? Why didn't you swing your hatchet? Why did you show your back at me? All those blunders led to your sister's capture! I could've skewered her along with you!"

(Y/N) stopped herself, surprised by the male's outburst, as it was the first time she had saw him like this in ages. The boy however looked in daze as Tomioka's words pierced into him, making him realise his mistakes. (Y/N) hid behind the tree as she watched the interaction between the three, Tomioka had raised his sword and stabbed the demon's shoulder as the boy screamed and pleaded for Tomioka to stop his actions.

The boy finally threw a stone at Tomioka, and due to the older male's reflexes, repelled the stone using the hilt of his katana. The boy ran for his hatchet, and passed through several trees, throwing another rock at Tomioka, to which he dodged.

(Y/N) also saw the boy simultaneously throw the hatchet into the air, locating its trajectory, she ran towards Tomioka who had knocked out the boy and pushed him away. Right on time as well, as the hatchet would've driven through the middle of his skull if she was late even for a second.

"Tomi!" the girl called out trying to snap the boy from his thoughts. Too late, the demon was set loose and had leapt towards her brother, claws stretched out. However, the demon protected him. Surprising both the demon slayers.

The demon lunged at the two slayers and Tomioka pushed (Y/N) away, as he started to skilfully dodge every attack of the demon. The demon then suddenly jumped up to a tree and pushed off of it, Tomioka placed back his blade onto its sheath ready to knock out the female, however (Y/N) got to her first. Using her katana that was still fully sheathed into her white scabbard, she knocked out the demoness at its pressure point in its neck.

(Y/N) had her left fist up to her mouth that clutched the fabric of her sleeve, as she looked at Tomioka sighing as a puff of vapour appeared from her mouth. The whole of her back and part of her right side was wet from when she fell in the snow.

"I could've handled it (L/N)."

"You could've Tomi-kun, but you were taking far too long." she replied back at him as she closed her eyes halfway and looked at the demon laying directly in front of her, her eyelids fluttering. She stared back up towards Tomioka once more and smirked underneath her sleeve, "Plus, you seemed to have lost your temper To-mio-ka-san." as she smiled cutely towards him and giggled.

Tomioka's pale cheeks became tinted in light pink at the sight of her.

"Well, what are you planning now Tomi-kun?"

"I'm planning to give them a chance, I'll send them towards Urokodaki-sensei's way. And I'm guessing you'll handle the rest (L/N)." the girl nodded and softly looked as the siblings.

(Y/N) had turned the demon on her back, Tomioka then turned around and looked the other way as the demon's chest was slightly revealed. Spotting a grey yukata in the distance, Tomioka walked over to the clothing, picked it up and gave it to (Y/N). She straightened out the demon's clothing and added the extra layer of clothing that Tomioka gave to her.

(Y/N) was about to pick up the demon when the male took the girl away from her and laid the demon beside her brother.

"Tomi-kun. I'll be leaving now, Oyakata-sama will be expecting me tomorrow. I'll be giving him a report."

"Hn." The girl sighed at his response, she then surprised him with a hug.

"Stay safe, okay?"

"I will, you too okay?" The boy moved his hands over to the girl's forehead and moved her fringe away as he kissed her forehead. The girl then moved her hands to the male's neck and pressed down onto it, her cold hands shocking him as he jumps away. The girl laughed whole-heartedly as she waved at him and disappeared.

"I'll see you in a couple of days Tomi-kun..." was what the male heard as soon as you weren't visible anymore.

⩫⩫⩫⩫⩫⩫

Thank you for reading

Word count: 1382

Completed: 23-09-19

Edited: 24-11-19