Chapter 1: The French Court

Start from the beginning

"Shaye, you are capable of so much more than you think. You just have to believe in yourself," my father assured me, placing his huge hand on my shoulder and pulling me into a hug. We stood there for a few moments, until we were interrupted by the sound of horns blowing.

We rushed towards the entry way. Something important must have been happening, we never signal the horns. We'll that's probably because we never have problems in France. We dashed down the halls and into the war room, only to see it full of the small concil. My father took his seat at the end of the long table. I took my place standing beside him, taking note of what was happening. "My king, there have been reported disturbances in the farms along the borders." one man said. "After everything that's been going on, we need to start taking this matter into consideration," another said.
"WHAT IF WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!?" the third man boomed. All the men of the small concil began to quarrel.

"ENOUGH!!!" my father's voice echoed through the war room. "Quarreling over who's ideas are right and wrong will not help us in our situation. We do not need to involve the people, we can keep this matter amongst the small concil until we know that there's a real threat."
"Then what do you suggest we do?" said the first man who spoke earlier.
My father looked towards me and I nodded, knowing that he'd be using my plan. "We'll send troops to scout the areas and monitor any threats. We'll ask around and find out if anything strange has been happening in reported areas." my father squeezed my hand thanking me.

The men continued to discuss their plans while I drifted off to my thoughts once again.

"IN THE NAME OF THE KING! LONG MAY HE REIGN!!" the small concil said in unision calling their gathering to a close.

***

I sat curled up in my window bay surrounded by fluffy pillows while reading a book I found in the library. It didn't take long to change into my simple nightgown. I braided my waist length hair and curled into my bed.

***

*running through the forest.... I hear footsteps chasing me.
I can't see who's behind me.
Rose petals fall all around me.
Water splashes all around me.
A crow flies over my head and leads me towards a long ship.
I see a girl standing on the beach.
Giant bear-like men run towards her as lighting flashes and the thunder crashes.
Gold and treasures scatter all around the shore.
The water in the ocean turns to blood.
Crowns fall from the sky.
And everything bursts into flames.
But then the world is calm.
A butterfly rises from a single rose.
And draws her to the water.
She lowers herself, allowing the cool to take over the fire.
The water continues to rise.
And flows over her head as she's left underwater
She sees a man, at the bottom and swims towards him.
His blue eyes flash open, and she begins to drown. *

I woke up coughing my lungs out. I hurried out of bed, grabbed my robe and rushed to the kings chamber room. I had to tell father the news! I knocked continuously on the door until father eventually awnsered. "Shaye, what brings you her so late?" he said as worry filled his eyes.

"Tyrion is awake! We must go see him!" I pulled my father's arm and dragged him to the medical rooms.
"This is outrageous Shaye! How do you even know that he is awake?"
"Father, that's not important." I said pushing the double doors open and revealed a small man sitting straight up in bed reading a book

" I said pushing the double doors open and revealed a small man sitting straight up in bed reading a book

"My king, what brings you here at this hour?" he asked in his kind, knowing voice. "I have come to see you, Tyrion. I need to know the details of your warning." my father asked, amazed that I was right about Tyrion being awake.

"The North men my king, they've been scouting the boarders of France, planning a raid. They captured me while I was on my trip to Paris."

"What do you suggest we do, about these north men?" my father asked worried. We had only heard legends of these North men, we never believed they were real. "The north men seem to rely fully on their ships your grace. If we destroy that, then they'll have nothing, they won't be able to go home. We could kill them off then."  My father and Tyrion continued to discuss their plans.

Tyrion had already devised a clever plan, but how do we know it will work. The north men surely planted defences around their ships....

The physicians voice pulled me back to reality as he brought his slender hand to my shoulder, "My princess, I think it's best that you head back to bed, you've had a long day." I nodded in agreement, I was indeed tired and made my way to my chambers.
I covered my head and drifted off to sleep.

***

Small birds chirped outside mu window, and I slowly awoke from my deep slumber. I sat up in bed and tried to gather all that had happened the past day...
My hand maiden Ezrabeth rushed into my chambers and readied my bath. "Mornin' milady, it's time to get up. The king needs to speak with you urgently." Ezrabeth had a thick Scottish accent. She was one of the handmaidens that worked back in my mother's home in Scotland.

Ezrabeth helped me undress from my nightgown as I  lowered myself into the bath. I felt relaxed. My hand maiden left the royal chambers to retrieve a dress for me to wear. I reached out for my peach and lavender oils and began washing my hair and body. Ezrabeth soon returned with my emerald green dress which complemented my eyes. I pinned my hair back and walked with my dear friend towards the great hall, where my father held his meeting.

Narrators POV

Noble men, women and children filled the great hall, servants took their places alongside the walls and the castle soldiers were on guard. The king sat in his throne alongside his beautiful queen, who never seemed to age. Aidrean and Adeena took their seats next to their mother.

"As your king it brings me great distress to inform you of the invasion that has been planned by the North men," this caused great commotion. "They plan to raid France and take over our beloved country. We will not allow this to happen." The men in the great hall all cheered. "I have decided that if we should fall into the hands of the North men, my daughter will be sent away to be kept safe."