Treat You Better (Fem Reader)

Start from the beginning

I know I can treat you better

Better than he can

Shoto grabbed a tissue from the box and gently grabbed her chin with his hand. He turned her head slowly so she was facing him. Shoto smiled slightly and began wiping her cheeks with the tissue. Once he was done, he offered her a different tissue so she could blow her nose. Once she was done, she grabbed the other used tissue from Shoto and proceed to throw them out. She sat back down next to him and sniffled one more time. "T-than y-you." She stuttered, her voice still cracking. Shoto nodded and cleared his throat. "You told me that you couldn't get me involved, but please, let me be involved. I can't stand seeing you like this, it hurts me so much." He declared, grabbing her hands. "I-its Monoma. He h-hits me and t-treats m-me like a s-slave. T-to him, I'm just s-some bitch from c-class 1-A." She explained, eyes welling with tears. Shoto felt himself shake with anger, but he quickly calmed himself down and nodded. "Then why are you with him? You should dump him if he treats you like this." Shoto said. "I can't, he threatens me when I try to leave, I'm scared of what he'll do!" She exclaimed, burying her face into Shoto's shoulder.

I'll stop time for you

The second you say you'd like me to

I just wanna give you the loving that you're missing

Baby, just to wake up with you

"If I may ask, why did you date him in the first place?" Shoto asked, trying to calm her down. "H-he said he'd tell the person I love that I love them if I didn't date him. I didn't want that to be e-exposed, so I said yes." She explained, a faint blush on her cheeks. Shoto nodded and began thinking of how he could help. He decided to pull her into a hug. "Listen, I know this probably isn't what you want to hear right now, but I've always loved you. It hurts me to see you like this, I just want to give you the loving that you're missing." He whispered.

Would be everything I need and this could be so different

Tell me what you want to do

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and she suddenly hugged Shoto tighter. "That's good, because the person I actually love is you, Shoto Todoroki." She mumbled. Shoto felt himself crack a smile as he held her close. "Before we discuss that, we need to get you out of your relationship with Monoma. Tell me, what do you want to do?" He questioned, pulling out of the hug.

'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can

And any girl like you deserves a gentleman

Tell me why are we wasting time

On all your wasted crying

"I want to break up with him, today if I can." She explained, eyes welling with tears again. Shoto nodded and thought for a minute. "I think it would be best to do it in an area with a lot of people, just in case he tries something." Shoto added. (Y/N) nodded and smiled slightly. Shoto felt all warm and fuzzy, considering he hasn't seen her smile in a while. "Yeah, maybe I should do it during lunch in the cafeteria. That way, there will be not only students, but staff as well." She concluded. Shoto agreed and began to head back to his seat, considering the others would be arriving shortly. "Wait!" She exclaimed, reaching out to grab his hand. Shoto froze and turned around to face her. "I want, no, I need you in the area when I do this. Please." She pleaded, looking away. Shoto smiled slightly and nodded. "I'll be in the cafeteria, at my usual table." He declared, walking away.

When you should be with me instead

I know I can treat you better

Better than he can

Better than he can

Finally, it was time for lunch. Shoto was seated at his usual table with Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka, and Asui. Normally, he would be zoned out to whatever conversation was happening and just peacefully enjoying his noodles, but now he was constantly watching the entrance. After five minutes, he saw (Y/N) walk in, her hand being gripped by Monoma, who had his usual smirk. The two walked towards the lunch line, but (Y/N) stopped walking when she was about ten feet from the DekuSquad's table. "Monoma, stop. We need to talk." She declared. Monoma stopped walking at her suddenly confident tone and turned to face her. "What is it, (Y/L/N)?" He asked, his tone laced with boredom. "Listen, w-we're over." She stuttered out. Monoma raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes. "What did you just say, bitch?" He taunted, stepping closer to her. (Y/N) took a step back, but stood her ground. "I said we're over. I can't take your abuse anymore!" She exclaimed, now gathering the attention of people around them. "Listen here, I can tell the person you love that you do. You don't decide when this ends!" He shouted, getting even closer." (Y/N) felt terrified, but held her ground. "Go ahead! I already did! You have no leverage over me!" She shouted. Monoma growled and walked even closer, fist raised.

Give me a sign

Take my hand, we'll be fine

Promise I won't let you down

Just know that you don't

Have to do this alone

Promise I'll never let you down

Shoto jumped up and pushed Monoma back. "Step away from (Y/N)." Shoto ordered, his tone as cold as ice. Monoma looked taken aback before his confident smirk returned. "Oh, so she did tell you. Too bad she won't be around long enough to do anything about it." He taunted, moving to punch her. (Y/N) flinched and Shoto moved in front of her, taking the punch. "(Y/N), go. Get Aizawa-sensei, I'll keep him busy." Shoto declared, his right arm getting covered in frost. "I'm not leaving you!" She exclaimed, raising her own fists. Shoto smiled and grabbed her hand. "You aren't alone anymore, now please, go get Aizawa." He said. (Y/N) reluctantly nodded and left, leaving Shoto and Monoma.

'Cause I know I can treat you better than he can

And any girl like you deserves a gentleman

Tell me why are we wasting time

On all your wasted crying

When you should be with me instead

I know I can treat you better

Better than he can

Ten minutes later, (Y/N) returned to the cafeteria with Aizawa, but was in shock at the results. Monoma was punching Shoto relentlessly, while Shoto refused to punch back. He just kept blocking. Shoto's nose was dripping blood and he had a long cut by his scar. Aizawa erased Monoma's quirk and restrained him with his scarf. While he was doing that, Shoto swayed on his feet before falling to the ground. (Y/N) rushed over to him and helped him up, bringing him to Recovery Girl.

Better than he can

After Recovery Girl kissed Shoto's injuries away, she left the room. A few minutes passed, and Shoto finally woke up. He groaned and as soon as he sat up, he was tackled by a (H/C). "You idiot! Don't you dare do something like that again!" She exclaimed, holding him close. He smiled slightly and hugged her back, kissing the top of her head. "Now that you are finally free from Monoma, give me a chance? I promise I can treat you better, way better than he ever could." Shoto declared. (Y/N) looked up at him with a bright smile and nodded. "I know you can, and yes, of course I'll give you a chance!" She exclaimed, returning her face back to his shoulder. Shoto smiled and kissed the top of her head once again.

Better than he can