CHAPTER 35

Natalie's Point of View

 Austin pulled up across the street. I was happy my mom left because I can't let her see that he was picking me up and Steph wasn't. I ran across the street and got inside his car.
"Hey. You look gorgeous," he said.

"What's wrong?" he asked, as he started the car.

"Nothing," I said quietly. I put my seat belt on and looked out the window, avoiding eye contact with him. I don't know why I agreed to go out with him. Now I regret it. He probably thinks this is a date. And right now I'm so hurt over the thing with Justin and I just need some time to myself. I don't want to date anybody else for a long time. Especially not him.

"You're still upset about the whole Bieber thing," Austin stated, knowingly.

"Why don't you ever call him by his first name?" I said, annoyed. "He has a name. His name is Justin."

"Fine. Justin. Whatever his name is. It doesn't matter. He's an ass anyway," Austin said.

"How is he an ass? You don't even know him," I growled. (Don't ask why I was getting defensive. I don't even know why myself.)

"Yeah but, he hurt you," Austin said.

"Yeah, and you did too," I retorted, looking at him. He looked at me and then back at the rode. He didn't say anything back to me and the rest of the ride was awkward and silent. I had no idea where we were going and frankly I didn't care. Finally he pulled up at the movie theater by my house. We both got out of the car and walked up to the entrance. The line was long and while we were waiting to buy our ticket, Austin tried kissing me. I didn't let him, and pushed him away.

"I don't wanna kiss you," I told him, with my arms crossed.

"Why not? I thought we were cool now. Come on. I said I was sorry about me and your sister. Come on," he said, trying to get me to kiss him.

"Sorry doesn't do much. I don't know why I agreed to go out with you. I guess I wasn't thinking. Could you just do me a favor and take me home?" I said, walking off the line.

"What?" Austin said, looking at me as if I was crazy. "No!"

"No? What do you mean no?" I asked. "Take me home."

Austin laughed. "No," he said. "Come on, we're going to have a good time tonight. Me and you."

"No we aren't," I said. "Take me home."

"We don't even have to watch a movie. We could go somewhere else if you want. Anywhere. I don't care. I just wanna be with you," he said, ignoring what I said. He walked off the line too and came close to me, putting his arms around my waist. I pushed him off me.

"Fine. If you won't give me a ride home, I'll just call one of my friends and they'll come and pick me up," I said, walking away from him.

"Are you serious?" he called out to me. I just kept walking, farther and farther away from him as I looked down at my phone. Fuck him. He's a stupid idiot. It started raining and I didn't have an umbrella. I looked down at my contacts, but I couldn't see well with all the raindrops getting all over the screen of my phone. I pressed one of my contacts and it started ringing.

"Hello?" Justin's voice answered. My heart leaped. Of course. Just my luck. Out of all the contacts I have in my phone, I accidentally end up calling him. Great.

"Oh- I... I um, didn't mean to call you. Sorry," I said.

"It's okay. I'm glad you did. Can we talk?" he asked. I stood quiet. I didn't know what to say. "Hello?" he asked.

"Yeah... I'm here," I said.

"Can we talk?" he asked again. I stood quiet. "Please..." his sexy, raspy voice pleaded. I looked over at that idiot Austin in the distance walking back to his car, and figured I'd need a ride anyway.

"Fine. I'm at the movie theater by my house."

"Oh alright. I'll come and pick you up then," he said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and hung up.

I got inside my car and drove fast to the theater. I'm not supposed to drive so fast but I didn't care. I was dying to see Natalie and find out why she's been acting the way she has. When I got to the theater, there was crowds of people but I spotted Natalie in seconds since she was standing away from everybody. She was standing far from the theater's entrance, where nobody really was. What the hell is she doing here all by herself? It was pouring outside and she had no umbrella. I got out of my car and ran over to her. I took off my jacket and put it around her. Then I put my arm around her and walked her over to my car, where I opened the car door for her and helped her inside. Then I came around and got inside myself. Once we were both settled inside, I watched as she took her soaked hair out of the braid it was in and stranded her fingers through it. She looked so beautiful. I wanted to kiss her so bad.

"So um," I said, as I cleared my throat. "Why do you hate me?" I asked. She looked at me for a second, with her gorgeous pair of brown eyes, the ones I fell for, and then shot her glance back down at her hair.

"I don't hate you," she mumbled, as she continued to strand through her hair. "Please just drive me home."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong," I said, taking the key out of the ignition. I sat back in my seat and looked at her. She looked at me and sighed. I leaned over so that I was basically in her face. "Tell me what I did... and I'll fix it," I whispered. She stared back at me, into my eyes, but she was silent. Completely silent. I licked my lips, and looked down at her lips. They were calling me. I wanted to kiss her. Then suddenly, almost as if she read my mind, almost as if she wanted to kiss me as badly as I wanted to kiss her, she broke the little distance between us, and kissed me. In fact, she pressed her lips so hard against mine that I fell back into my seat. I kissed her back fast and anxiously, as her hands crept along my face to the back of my neck.