t̷w̷o̷

For the rest of the day, you couldn't focus at school. While you were walking in the hallways you always looked around, scared to meet San or another one of the boys from Ateez.

For the first two lessons after lunch, Jaehyun was nowhere to be seen, but then at some point he entered the class and everyone gasped, seeing his swollen and bruised face. He sat in his seat, but made sure to glare at you at least once before doing so. This only made you even more worried. If San beat Jaehyun like that, what was he going to do to you? After all, you were the one that bumped into him and dropped your food on him.

Luckily for you, you didn't meet San that day, or for the next two days. But then, on the third day, you were out of class during a lesson because you needed to use the toilet, when you bumped into someone while turning the corner. You looked up and froze when you saw San, and he wasn't even alone. With him there were three of his friends: Hongjoong, Wooyoung and Mingi. You were so scared in that moment, that you couldn't even apologize for the other day.

《You go on, I have to talk with her》 said San to his friends

They nodded and left. You gulped, looking at the boy in front of you.

《I-I'm so sorry about the other day》 you stuttered 《And for now》

He chuckled.

《Why are you so nervous?》 he asked

You couldn't reply. You couldn't just tell him you were scared to death.

《It's okay》 he said 《You don't have to apologize, I know it's not your fault. I saw that idiot pushing you》

Your eyes widened in surprise.

《Are you okay though?》 he asked 《It seemed like you fell kinda hard that day》

《Yeah, I'm okay》 you replied, confused

What was going on? San, the bad boy of the school, the boy who picked on everyone, and the one that beat Jaehyun up like a punching bag, was being nice to you and was even asking if you were okay? Was it a trick?

《What class are you in?》 he asked

《Why are you asking?》

《I've been looking for you for days, but I couldn't find you anywhere》

《Why were you looking for me?》

《To ask you if you were okay》 he said, like it was obvious

Were you in an alternative universe, or was this really the same Choi San?

《I'm in class C4》 you replied

《Thanks》 he replied, winking at you 《See you around then》

He walked past you, but after a couple of steps he stopped and turned around.

《Hey, what's your name?》 he asked

《Y/N》

《Well Y/N, if that rich kid bothers you again, tell me》 he said 《I'll gladly beat him up again》

《Okay》 you said, confused again

He waved goodbye and walked away. You pinched yourself, to check if it was real or not. Then you turned around, to look at the direction where San went. You were so confused that you ended up going back to your classroom without even going to the toilet first.