Land of lies Chapter 1: The Meeting Day

Chapter 1 *The Meeting Day*

First Day of school. Everyone is familiarizing other's faces.

''Excuse me, umm.. your name is Jack...right? My name is Mart. I am pleased to meet you.'' Mart introduced himself.

''I have no time speaking with others. I am just sitting here on the corner because don't want to be noticed by these fools.''Jack opposed and he removed his name tag.

Jack was neither friendly nor famous. He was a transferee from that school.

''I think it's a good idea to leave him alone, maybe he's not in mood right now, and maybe tomorrow i can talk to him happily.''Mart said to himself.

Their teacher has arrived. He first introduced himself and same as the students in class after him.

Recess time.

A girl approached Jack. Her name is Heidi. ''Hello, i am Heidi. I just want to be friends with you. please accept my request.'' She requested.

''Nope.''Jack said simply without hesitation. ''Then, why?'' Heidi looked embarrassed. ''I don't need any friends nor a person to talk with.'' Jack answered quickly right before Heidi finished her words. ''I understand. It is in you to decide. But it would be better if you change your mind.'' Heidi said looking in other direction.

After that,Jenny walked away awkwardly.

Their teacher has come back. He asked who among them has a printer. Jack raised his hand although he didn't really have. His teacher gave him a task to print the name of students in birthday corner and the daily cleaners of the room. 

Dismissal of the class. Jack rushed on the farthest computer shop where he cannot be seen by his classmates. There, Jack finished the task that was assigned to him. He was happy instead, because he can be proud of what he has, but has nothing on his own real life.

The next day, Jack submitted what he has done and he lied that the ink of their printer was roughly diminished. After that, his teacher discussed a lesson and they took a short quiz. Since it was only short, the teacher decided to let his students check their own papers. His paper was totally blank, and only put real answers dictated by his teacher. He was the only student who got a perfect score. His classmates were amazed of his ability. After that, their teacher left the room, some of his classmates were around Jack.   ''In your previous school, did you have a medal?'' One of his classmates asked.   ''Actually, i was the first honor of the class. I am not boasting this, but you were the one dared to ask me that little thing.'' Jack lied with a little bit of boastfulness and his eyes weren't looking straight to his classmate.   ''If so, may i see your medal?'' His classmate asked.   ''M....my medal was.....left on my real house..... I only live at my aunt's apartment currently to....study here.'' Jack said hesitantly.   ''How often you come back at your real house?'' His classmate asked once more.   '' i was starting to get annoyed with this one.'' Jack said to himself.

Their next teacher arrived. He was late for about 5 minutes. They were given an assignment. Jack's classmates would copy to him because the assignment was so hard. But he refused them. But it was hard for him to answer it because he really was not so intelligent and pretending to have positive attributes for most people have a positive look for him. He knows that lying isn't a good habit but he doesn't care even the worst lie he tells. The very important thing for him is that people haven't revealed his secrets yet and he doesn't want to be ashamed in front of people and break their trusts in him. He cares for what about people don't believe him anymore if they realize that he was only lying.

After the period of the teacher, Heidi looked Jack steadily while sitting. Heidi was sitting on the first row while Jack is in the third row. Jack knew Heidi was looking to him but he didn't care, as long as she was still innocent of what Jack was doing. She started to assume that Jack was only lying, yet she didn't have any proof. She followed Jack around the school campus and wherever he goes. and started to get infatuated with him in all of a sudden instead of observing him.   ''Jack's so handsome, he was intelligent, and all of the positive characteristics of a person.'' Said Heidi blushingly to herself. She started to stop observing Jack because she thought that her concept to him was wrong and she didn't want Jack to have negative image, even to herself. 

Jack was intelligent on some point, but not on school. Their class was early dismissed because their last teacher was absent.