A Blissful Secret

Summary:

Kazuichi and Gundham share a blissful coexistence with each other after ending up as room-mates thanks to a small accident.

Day 3 of the Soudam Week
Prompt: Hurt/Comfort | Mechanics/Machines | Room-Mates

AO3 version: https://archiveofourown.org/works/19435591 (Originally posted 17.07.19)

***

If someone asked Kazuichi if he liked Gundham, his answer always was that he found him to be annoying as hell and thought of him as a hamster obsessed weirdo.

However if Kazuichi asked himself if he liked Gundham, his answer was yes. The Ultimate Breeder was one of his best friends, despite their constant banter, and he enjoyed to spend time with him.

And if Kazuichi was honest with himself about if he liked Gundham, his answer would be yes, too much. He was secretly in love with the weird hamster-lover – though many of his other friends knew this making it less of a secret, but as long as Gundham didn't know it was fine – and he was glad that he's got to share a small flat with his crush.

Now if someone asked Gundham if he liked Kazuichi, his reply would be that said mortal was highly obnoxious and lacked the basic intelligence that was required for a worthwhile being.

Though in cases where Gundham asked himself if he liked Kazuichi, his reply was yes. He full out enjoyed the company of the Sharp Toothed One and he was glad to call the other one of his closest allies.

But there were of course cases where Gundham did admit to himself that the true reply to the question if he liked Kazuichi was that he secretly harboured feelings of love for the mortal. He had only informed the She-Cat about these feelings and he suspected that his sudden chance to share a private realm was due to her interference.

***

It had been a normal weekend at Hope's Peak Academy. The students had no classes over these two days as usual and as such they had spend most of their time inside of the school grounds, mainly their dormitories.

Kazuichi and Gundham had been no exception that weekend. The two friends had been sitting inside of Hajime's dorm room, accompanied by their friends Sonia, Chiaki, Peko and Fuyuhiko to play some video games together. Nagito, Hajime's boyfriend, was supposed to also join them however he was running late because he apparently had something to take care of first. No one had been sure what exactly the luckster had been doing, however Kazuichi had been sure that whatever it was that it can't end good considering how Nagito was a magnet for disaster.

However what no one had been expecting or could have ever guessed to happen was that in the middle of them all playing a video game together that suddenly a huge explosion shook the whole building, making everyone scream from fright. Kazuichi himself had clung onto the closest person next to him, who had turned out to be Gundham, who in return had pulled him close to himself with one hand while using the other to calm his always present Devas before they could run away. The rest of the friends had similar reactions that moment where they held onto the closest person or object that they could grab from fear that the building might collapse. Before any of them had been able to say anything the alarm had gone off, meaning that all the students had to immediately evacuate the dormitories. Without missing a moment the students had abandoned their game and run out of the building. While running, Gundham and Kazuichi had both not let go of each other until they had been outside where all the other students also gathered.

The students all checked up on each other to make sure that no one had been injured, while Kazuichi and Gundham stared with wide eyes at one of the walls of the dormitories. Or better what had been left of it, as a part of it seemed to have been presumably blown up. That at least had explained the explosion that had shook the whole building.