First Day

Eren had grown to become an exceptional young man, and with that growth and experience, he was sought out and recruited to work at a company under the wing of a team of professionals. It was his first day, and he was anxious to start. Dressed in an average suit he was barely able to buy for that very occasion, he found himself in the company building. It wasn't overly crowded with people, but there were indeed many busy bodies that roamed around the lobby. Unlike his loose business attire, everyone else in there wore nicely tailored and fitted clothes. He felt out of place, but those thoughts were brushed off when he was immediately called out and met by a woman that wore spectacles.

"Yoohoo! You must be Eren Jaeger! My name is Hanji! But call me Zoë while at work." She chuckled and extended her hand to shake his. The lady had an upbeat energy, which was welcoming and ideal for a worker's first day. It made the new employee smile nervously, but it was a smile nevertheless. "It's nice to meet you Ms. Zoë," he responded before he got dragged along by the lady. "Same same. Now let's get you acquainted with everyone!"

Eren was rushed through a maze of elevators, stairs, and hallways until they finally arrived at their destination. He started to form an idea on how big the building and company were. Once he walked past the door Hanji led him to, a group of people that appeared to have been waiting for him turned their heads at the new guy. "O-Oi..." He forgot his manners for that little instant, but was quick to correct his greeting. "Ah! It's a pleasure to be here." He said with a respectful bow to hopefully make a good first impression.

"Don't tell me this is the brat we have to babysit." A short man grumbled. His I.D. badge read 'Levi Ackerman,' and above that: 'Manager.' The rookie flinched at the thought of already getting on his boss's bad side. "So you're the fresh meat. I'll be in charge of you. You may address me as Mr. Ackerman."

"That's funny. My step sister's last name is Ackerman." Eren grinned and went for a handshake, which the short man looked obligated to participate in. Afterwards, Levi was quick to take out a moist towelette and wiped his palms. The rest of the crew in the room proceeded with their introductions. In total, it was a team of six, their names being; Levi, Petra, Oluo, Eld, Gunther, and the new addition, Eren. They were all distinct and donned colorful personalities. "Well, I'll leave you to it," Hanji said as she showed herself out the door in a rush to go back to her duties.

The next few seconds were quiet. Everyone stared at the new employee. In contrast to them, his suit wasn't fancy or slim fit. Even the sole female, Petra, had a cute business suit with pencil skirt that complimented her figure well. In fact, everyone Eren saw in his small time in the building looked dressed to impress. The group was intimadating. If his attire wasn't enough, his insecure posture and informal greeting earlier were other things to judge. "Listen... I..." He paused and thought about why he would apologize. He didn't do anything truly wrong yet. Instead, he decided to take a different direction. "I won't disappoint." His voice was clear and ambitious. There was a determined gleam in his eyes as he stared back at the team he was now part of. The group started to laugh and the tension broke. "We know," Petra spoke and patted his shoulder. "We recruited you specifically remember?" Eren felt relieved that they weren't as strict as they appeared in the beginning. The manager was the exception. "We expect great things from you. As you said. Don't disappoint," Levi added and handed him a stack of papers. "Get these to the lobby. Someone from the other branch will meet you and pick them up. I trust you won't mess up such a simple task."

"Yes sir! I'll get it done," Eren confirmed. He gathered the papers and left in a hurry. As soon as he was out the door, Petra commented in a lighthearted way, "He sure is something." Levi wasn't one to judge so he showed no biased reaction. "He looks like he'll work hard. I just hope he can keep things clean," the manager added.

Meanwhile, Jaeger made it to the lobby and waited by the receptionist counter for the person from the other branch to pick up the papers. During his wait, the receptionist just finished a call and turned to the newbie. "I haven't seen ya around before. You new?" She asked as she reached for a donut from a box full of them on the counter. After she gobbled it up in a split second, she pointed at her name tag, which read 'Sasha Braus.' "That's me, nice to meet ya!" It was an odd way to introduce herself mixed with an odd accent, but it gave him some confidence that he wasn't so out of place after all. The company had its share of zany individuals. "Yeah, this is my first day. It's great to meet you too. I'm Eren Jaeger. I work under Ackerman," he responded. Sasha's eyebrows raised. "It wasn't a good idea to come to work on laundry day huh?" She poked fun at his clothes. The embarrassment caused Eren's face to become a shade of red.

"That's not fair! I-" A slam on the counter interrupted his excuse, followed by a question. "Are those the papers I'm here to pick up?" The voice sounded familiar. He turned to see who it was. A short, blonde young woman with a cold look in her eyes gave a menacing stare at him, and as she realized she knew him, she expressed her daze. "Jaeger?" Eren's eyes widened when they cast their sights on his dear friend, but most importantly, his first love. "Annie?"