Chapter Eight-A second long night

Start from the beginning

"Now, it's 6:00 PM. Six hours until Midnight and the blood gushes. And we're all super-hyped. And we're seeing psychos outside with butcher knives".

"Did you see a psycho?".

"Yes, but he went away Mom. He did hack into the female populace. And male populace. And boyfriends are banned".

"You poke the bastard...".

"I have a poker. I can be like one of the girls in 'Friday the 13th Part III'. You see the 3D version from 1982?".

"That's beside the point, Alison. You need to find another sorority. You decided to deal with them. Or else, you're going to Stamford, Connecticut".

"I don't want to go there! It's imperative that I survive until Midnight, Mom. Besides, it's six more hours; it's six...".

"And now you're scared".

"Yes; yes, I'm bloody scared".

"Calm down".

"Fine, but I need to deal with the psycho".

"I'll call the cops. Good bye!".

And the sound of the END CALL button ended the conversation.

***

The lights got in my face.

"Alison, I hate to say this, but I'm scared. He could be here; and she needs to be in a psych ward. And the House Mother needs to be, too".

"I know that. It's all and well to deal with psychosis. And to see it affect one of our sorority sisters. But...".

And then the House Mother screamed...as the Sheriff arrived to take Zara's body away. But not before he interviewed us, and me, and the CSI team took more forensic photographs at Delta Delta Delta sorority house.

And, since they called Zara's Mom and Dad's house at 8:21 PM, and told them that she went insane because the now dead House Mother caught her swearing...they broke off the conversation on the Sheriff's I-phone 6...and called their lawyer after they pressed the END CALL button.

***

I didn't want to know why the crazy part of the story happened. All that I cared about was Vickie. And the other girls...And how they were cared for...once Midnight came around.

***

The morning rays hit my face.

It was a sickly feeling in the middle of my stomach. My face was etched in pain. This wasn't supposed to happen; this...

...But Vickie kissed me like a sister I never had. A real sister. The Sisters of Delta Delta Delta sorority house were there to comfort us; the evil inside the haunted house where the lesbian Vampires killed, was so horrible that I didn't think that I'd be queer, (a term Mom and Grandpa, and Grandma said decades ago, that I learnt meant odd or strange in the 50's, 60's, and 70's); but not now in 2014.

I could tell you what I knew now.

The screams; the horror; the bloood; the gore.

But, for us, while Midnight did arrive...the psycho with the butcher knife never came to murder us. Maybe because the Sheriff, Deputy Sheriff, and the Louisana CSI men and women, were here; maybe they disturbed his play time; maybe he waited for tomorrow night, when the heat was gone; maybe...

...Well, I didn't give a fuck; I didn't give a damn...

...Because Vickie and I had had survived...