Chapter Eight-A second long night

Start from the beginning

Alison walked into the Food Hall.

"Hello", she said.

"Fuck off!", Zara swore. 

The House Mother arrived for breakfast.

"Who swore?", she yelled.

"I did!", Zara shuddered.

"You'll be confined to your dorm all day. No lunch; no dinner; no supper". And she waited for a reaction; she waited...and waited.

"But...".

"Two nights' detention. And I will force soap into your dirty, filthy, mouth. Kids today aren't disciplined enough, because they cry to Mom and Daddy. But this is my sorority. And you filthy girl shall show me respect".

And she yanked Zara by her hair with her hair...and pushed her into the dorm rooms with such violence...that pieces fell onto the hallway.

***

The dorm was cold.

She was scared; she was very scared.

"But I'm sorry...".

"You have a foul mouth, girl; you have fouled us. Consequently, by tonight, at Midnight, you'll be leaving here".

"No! I was...".

"You swore. You told off one of the good girls. You know such language isn't going to be tolerated. You know why I must do what is necessary".

"But...".

And the dorm room door was padlocked...and she begun to squirm in terror.

***

I wanted to enjoy exercise.

It was something to love.

But I couldn't enjoy today.

Because the dorm room was padlocked. I heard the shouting of Zara. She was banging on the door; she was drawing blood on her hands.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE, YOU FUCKING BITCH!".

And I saw the House Mother unchain the door. And she dragged Zara away to The Dark Room. Hell, it was a fucking crawlspace where the mad dwell.

And that was what drove Zara to madness.

***

The crawlspace was ancient.

Inside was a chair; a window; and a bed. If prisoners had simplistic things in their 3X3" cells...this was bigger.

And it was freezing.

"She won't survive at Midnight. Because at Midnight, the blood gushes. You read that horror novel. Bad ass book".

"I read it".

"Yeah, freaks you out".

"Like, what an we do?".

"We deal with her. If she goes insane, I'll kill her. The crawlspace is where psychotic sorority girls go. Hell, you hear about the dead rising. But now there's more than Zombies to deal with. The psychos of Louisiana".

"What kind of condition can she suffer?".

"Claustrophia. Fear of enclosed spaces. It's an old phobia disorder that Mom had. She also suffered from Coulrophobia. The fear of clowns. Stephen King's "It", from 1986, scared her. She was 13; she's 41 now".