C15

Black, nothing but black. I recall in my mind as I am suddenly woken up. I am trying to remember anything about any dreams. I remember nothing. A medic walks in to the green tent to do a head count I guess. He looks up and I see his clean armor. I then look down at my armor that's on the ground and I see the blaster burns, and the weathering, the dirt, and grime. I hear something fall, and I look up and he is gone. I can't get it out of my head!

"Chuck: Everybody radio silence...
I ready my weapon, and we wait a minute. After 20 seconds of complete radio silence I swear that I felt a strong gust of wind. 30 seconds later I kind of relax. Only 9 more seconds. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... it's over. I turn around to talk to Crackshot again and he's not there.
Me: Crackshot. Crackshot, where are you. This isn't funny!
The others hear me and turn around to see that he's gone. Me and Chuck look at Bolt."

I remember! I can't stop it! It burns scars into my brain! I just want to curl up and cry so I do so. I start shouting and screaming. I don't stop until I feel familiar arms wrap around me. I look behind me and it's a droid. I wriggle out of its arms, and back away.
Me: No, no, no, no, no! No more! Get away from me!
I quickly try to back into a corner, and I see the droid walk closer, saying something. I decide that I have no choice but to fight. I spring into action and I lunge at the droid I knock it to the ground and start banging its head on the ground. Little do I know. I keep doing so until I get dragged away from the droid, and I get shaked, hard. I get a headache and hold my head, and when I open my eyes, everything is different. I look to the droid and see that it wasn't a droid.
Me: N-No! What have I done!
I shout and sob. As I look to my unconscious friend D. I beat him unconscious. I snapped. I broke. I cry more and more. I can't forgive myself. After 4 hours, and multiple psychiatric evaluations, they do find out that D was correct. I do have PTSD from the events that have unfolded. I hear footsteps, and it is Chuck.
Me: Hey Chuck.
Chuck: Hello, sir. Commander Cody wishes to speak with you.
I am taken aback by the "sir" thing. I nod though, and make my way to Cody. I open the door to the command post, and I make my way to an office. In the office is a desk, and a chair on both sides. I see Cody in one of them.
Cody: You know, I didn't believe that you all were alive for a while. That was until I started hearing the seps talk about the "walking dead men" in transmissions. That's not why you are here today.
Me: Sir?
Cody: You are an amazing soldier, and I know so as even Devil said it. He was always hard to impress, and much less befriend.
Me: I'm truly sorry for his loss, sir.
Cody: I know, I know. I'm not the saddest one in this room, and I know that. Me, I cared about him, but when I heard of his death I did a little mourning and moved on. Not you. You have developed a horrible case of PTSD from his death, and you mourn every month. I heard that from Angel.
Me: That is true sir.
Cody: You have went beyond the call of duty, escaped a separatist POW camp, survived six months in the wild while MIA, and saved multiple lives in the 212th.
Me: How sir?
Cody: You kept them at bay. Cut off quick supply routes to other separatist camps. If you didn't steal, or destroy, or whatever you did to those supplies we would be dead. We gained over two-hundred miles of territory because hostile bases, and outposts were under supplied.
I recoil from surprise, well I almost do.
Me: I was only doing my duty sir.
Cody: Yes, and doing your duty got you the rank 1st Lieutenant, the position of ARC trooper. We were able to repair your helmet, and your squad came up with a design for your new armor. You have a new name now also. Everybody is calling you Spirit because of what you went through, and the fact that you survived. They all thought that you were dead.
My armor is brought in and I look at it amazed.

I put it on, and it feels amazing. I exit and I see my new unit. All in formation. In front is Chuck, behind him are Angel and Blast.
Dead Company: Dead Company, Reporting as ordered, sir!
I see Chuck take a step forward.
Chuck: Spirit Squad Leader, reporting as ordered sir. All of Dead Company accounted for.