Prologue

Beep! Beep! Beep!
I hear this sound every morning. It's the sound of an alarm clock, going off in the barracks at 0300, on a Tuesday. On Tuesdays I always wake up, and go on watch. If you haven't noticed already, I am a proud clone trooper of the Republic. I am in the 212th Attack Battalion, and I am a trooper. My CT number is 1209, and my three favorite weapons are the DC-17, DC-15S, and the Valken-38X. I was considered a defect, by the Kaminoans. I have feelings, well more developed feelings. I can feel sadness, anger, happiness, and from what I've heard love. I can feel. I get out of my bed, and grab my helmet. After that I make my way over to the guard tower, and I climb up. I make my way up and I see a good friend. It was CT-2369, or just Chuck, we call him Chuck because of how well he can throw grenades. I walk up to him, and I pat his shoulder.
Me: Have a good shift Chuck?
Chuck: Yep, your turn now Ace.
Me: I know, why else would I be up here?
Chuck: I don't know.
Me: Yeah, well have a good rest you wolly.
Chuck: Yeah, yeah. Have a nice shift.
He hands me the binoculars and walks off. My shift begins. I can't wait for the patrol tomorrow! I keep thinking to myself that same thought. I rest my rifle on the cold metal wall. I'm very tired. I haven't had anything to eat yet. We are lucky our general cares so much about us as to provide MREs in the outposts I look to my right as I see the three MREs on the table. I forget it for now. I focus in the forest and see a shadow. I'm probably just hallucinating.