Bread Shop (Hitomi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

The next day, she went to the bread shop. She found him cleaning the floor.

"Hello, Y/n ssi."

"Oh, Hitomi ssi! Are you alright? Are you still afraid?" She shakes her head.

"No. Not anymore. And by the way... thank you so much... about yesterday..."

"Don't mention it. I'm relieved that you're alright."

"Um... Y/n ssi..."

"Yes? Want to order?"

"No. but.. umm..."

"I..." Just then, his phone buzzed.

"Wait a sec, Hitomi ssi. I'll have to answer this call."

"Ok. Go on."

He went outside and she just wanders around the shop.

"Sigh, why couldn't I say it."

Then, she looked outside. She saw Y/n with another girl. They're talking to each other- No, more like bickering. She could see him screaming at her.

He went back inside and grabbed Hitomi's hand. He brings her outside. The woman scoffed.

"So, this kid is your girlfriend? She doesn't even look that great."

"Look, Hani-ya. She has everything that you're lacking."

"And what is it?"

"Love. She gave me love every single time when I'm with her. When you were with me, yes I do feel the love you gave me but... it feels like I'm giving you more. You're not even in love with me. You just need someone to be by your side until that special person of yours comes back for you!"

"Y/n, please... I love you..."

"Enough, Hani-ya. I don't need to hear your lies anymore." He turns and went inside his shop. Meanwhile, Hitomi is still confused by that situation.

"Y-Y/n ssi... Your hand." He lets go of his hand that's holding her hand.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

"So... was that... your ex-girlfriend?"

"Yes... I'm sorry that I used you."

"It's... It's okay."

"I just... I used to love her so much until she cheated on me..." He cried while saying it. Hitomi felt bad and approaches him.

"I can't believe that she just used me as a toy. She needs someone to accompany her for the time being. When that person comes, she left me and I... I'm a mess after that."

Hitomi felt bad at him. She hugs him tightly to comfort him.

"It's okay, Y/n ssi.  Bad things happen in our life. Just let it all out." He hugs her and lets it all out. His tears flow to her shirt but she doesn't care.

"Hii-chan-" Chaewon said entering the shop but immediately takes a u-turn when she saw them.

"Who... was that?" He said.

"Nothing. Nobody."

"Your shirt's all wet. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It'll dry eventually. Now let's sit and talk about something else. I'll make some hot chocolate for both of us." He nodded and sits down.

"Here's yours." She said giving him a hot chocolate.

"Thank you."

"Thank you so much... Hitomi ssi. For accompanying me. And comforting me."

"It's not a big deal."

When they were busy talking to each other, Y/n focused on her. He just wished this moment would stay forever. They talked until they didn't realize it's already nighttime.

"Oh, it's already dark outside. Eunbi unnie will be mad if I'm late."

"I'll give you a ride."

"Thank you." He cleans up his shop and then goes to take her home.

"Hitomi ssi. What was the thing that you wanted to say to me?"

"What thing?"

"Before I got that phone call, you wanted to say something to me. What is it?"

"Oh, that... umm... actually I... I... Nevermind. It's not that important."

"Oh come on. What is it?"

"Nothing." He smirks knowing what she meant to say.

"Really? You don't want to tell me?"

"Y-Yes."

"I like you." Hitomi's eyes widened at his words.

"Is this what you want to say?"

"Uh... uh... it's umm..."

"Don't be afraid to say it. I like you too."

"Wait... R-Really?" He nodded.

"Give me your hand."

"What... What for?"

"Just give it." She gives her hand to him and he intertwines it.

"Today's our first day." Her heart is beating like crazy right now.

Soon after, they arrived at her dorm. They're still holding hands with each other.

"So... I guess this is it."

"Yeah well." She opens the door but he's still holding her hand.

"Y/n ssi." He hugs her.

"Thank you for everything about today. Sleep well and dream of me. I love you."

"You too. Dream of me and I love you too."

However, there are a few people behind them watching them together. After he left, she turned back and saw them. She was very surprised.

"I told you unnie, she has a boyfriend."

"Aww. Our cute Hitomi now has a boyfriend."

"How long you guys stood there?"

"For like... 5 minutes?" She runs inside and goes inside her room. She still can't forget about today and smiled thinking about it.