xx - It Doesn't Matter

// present //

Saturday came along faster than Azalea wished. She had tried to relax herself as much as she could after her conversation with Mia the day before, but with no success. No matter what she tried, she couldn't shake out the confession she had made to her. She wished more than anything that she could forget all about it and just move on, but sadly that wasn't how life wanted things to be.

She sat in her bath, her last attempt at relaxing herself before getting ready and leave for Harry's house. Azalea took in a deep breath, inhaling the smell of lavender and vanilla that filled the bathroom. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on something else. She thought about school and books she wanted to read, but after five minutes, it seemed that she had thought about everything she could. Harry came back into her mind and she sighed.

"How am I suppose to face him now?" she asked herself out loud.

Azalea grunted and lowered herself into the water, up until she was completely submerged by it. She held in her breath and closed her eyes, enjoying the muted sound caused by the bath water surrounding her. She wished she could stay like this forever, with the outside world muted. No problems, no worries. Sadly there came a time when she couldn't hold her breath anymore, so she sat up and grabbed a hold of her hair, tugging slightly.

She felt trapped by her feelings. She didn't fully admitted to Mia the length of her feelings for Harry, but she had realized it and it scared her. When she thought about it too much, it became harder to breathe. However that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was that it wounded her, thinking that the feelings she felt were only one-sided. And she knew that it would be even harder when she would face him.

She considered not going, but at the same time part of her longed to see Harry again. Maybe her feelings were temporary, maybe she felt that way simply because Harry was back and she was so overwhelmed by his presence that she confused friendship and romance. It would probably go away in a couple of days, once she would get used to him being around again.

That's what she kept telling herself as she got out of her bath to get ready. Azalea knew that she had to stop thinking about Harry that way and she tried to pretend like she didn't. After all she had denied her feelings for a while now, she could probably keep doing it.

She got dressed, did her hair and makeup and before she knew it, it was time for her to leave.

*I'm on my way* she texted Harry as she put on her shoes.

Azalea grabbed her coat and a scarf, slowly put them on, lost in her thoughts. That's why she jumped when she heard Mia's voice from behind her.

"Where are you going?" Mia asked.
"I told you already, I'm going at Harry's."
"Oh yeah, you're meeting his mother, right?"
Azalea sighed. "Yeah."

She kept her answer short and Mia saw how tense the subject made her.

"She'll love you," Mia attempted to reassure her best friend.
"It doesn't matter," her tone was emotionless.

Azalea tried to appear unaffected, hoping that she would eventually feel that way too.

"Of course it matters, otherwise you wouldn't have this face." Mia smiled softly, she knew better than to laugh right now. Nervousness was radiating from Azalea. She had never seen her that way, even the mornings when she would leave to meet Harry on tour, she was nervous but she seemed more happy than this. Now she looked like she wanted to hide in a hole and never come out of it.

It saddened Mia to see her best friend this way. Although before she kept wishing her best friend would realize her true feelings for Harry, now that it had happened, she wasn't so sure about it.