iii - Old friend

// Past //

Azalea, Peter, Aiden and Mia were down to their fourth pitcher, or maybe it was their fifth. Either way, the group of friends was having a lot of fun.
By now, everyone in the pub was tipsy, or just plain drunk. The musicians were still playing guitar and singing, but it didn't sound as good as it did at the beginning of the night. Their words were slurred, but no one seemed to care as they danced and sang along.

Azalea loved the atmosphere of the place and wished that the night could last forever. It reminded her of a family reunion, how everyone seemed to know each other, even her. She was having so much fun, talking and laughing with everyone, but that thought was quickly challenged as she got dragged by someone to dance. She had just admitted to the guy that she didn't know any Irish dance and he wanted to change that.

"Focus on my feet," the man said as he started to dance.

She tried to focus on them but she had a little too much to drink and his feet were moving way too fast for her to catch up with him. She ended up simply jumping and making random movements with her feet.

"Am I doing it right?" She asked the man, laughing.
"Well, you've got the spirit!", he replied as he laughed along with her

She knew that it was a nice way to tell her she was terrible at it, but she was having so much fun, she dared to believe she wasn't so bad. She danced for a song with the man before she motioned to her friends to join her and dance along with her. They all shook their heads, refusing to humiliate themselves.

"Come on guys, dance with me!" she said as she walked to them.
"No way!" Peter and Aiden said in unison.
"Mia?" Azalea looked at her friend who shook her head, "pretty please?"

She tried to make the cutest face possible to convince her friend to come and dance with her. Mia sighed heavily and got up. Lea jumped up and down, excited that her friend was agreeing. Mia rolled her eyes but had a huge smile plastered on her face. She followed Lea to where everyone was dancing.

.

Meanwhile, two boys were pulling up in the pub's parking in a black Range Rover. While one was excited to be there, the other one was a little reluctant.

"It's so late, why are we even here?" The boy with dark curly hair asked as he got out of the car.
"Come on mate! We had a long day in the studio, we deserve a little break." The blond guy said with a heavy Irish accent.
"Couldn't we take a break in our beds?"
"Just one beer Harry and we'll go."

Harry rolled his eyes but still followed his friend inside of the pub.

"You're a real pain in the arse, Niall" Harry whispered to himself.
"I heard that," Niall said as he laughed, "you'll have fun, I promise. This place is the craic."
"You're always so Irish whenever we're in Ireland." Harry mocked his friend. "The craic." he repeated with a small laugh.

Once they walked in, they were immediately greeted by the barman.

"Niall! So nice to see you here!" he shook his hand then shook Harry's. "Harry Styles, pleasure to meet you."
"Can we get two pints of Guinness?" Niall asked the man.
"Sure thing!"

He quickly took out the two glasses and filled them with the dark liquid.

"It's on the house" he said as he handed them their drinks.
"Thanks Frank," Niall said before walking to a table with Harry.

Niall enjoyed this place. He had been there a couple of times with friends and every night had been amazingly unique. He had mentioned this place a couple of times to Harry and had promised he would bring him here one day.
Today seemed like the perfect time to do it. The two friends had been working hard on the next One Direction album in a studio in Dublin since early in the morning and Niall thought they deserved a little break. Liam, Zayn and Louis had all been to bed, but Niall insisted that Harry join him for a night out.