Chapter Two: On The Dream Train

Start from the beginning

"Morning boys." I said cheerily. Both responded with the same retort.

"Good morning."

"Excited?" I asked Sirius with a smirk. Sirius and I would finally be free, to live our lives how we wanted them. Today we went to Hogwarts. Probably the best thing that would ever happened in our lives. No one was going to tell us what to do, or how we need to present ourselves. No more Slytherin craze.

"Very." He told me, there was something mischievous in his eyes that told me just what I needed to know. We were going to pull so many tricks once we were on our way.

"Now, we only have an hour till your train takes off. Go up and get ready. Regulus, if you are coming with us, you need to get ready too." Mother told us after everyone had finished their breakfast. We all got up from the table and Kreacher floated our plates up to the sink.

"I'll be really fast. Don't leave without me!" Regulus called out as he bounded up the stairs. I laughed. Regulus was a good brother.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" My mother yelled up at his retreating figure. Sirius and I parted ways when we reached the third floor. I went to my room and dragged out my trunk. Father had put an undetectable extension charm on it so I could fit in a lot more stuff. I decided I wanted to add a belt to my outfit because I my pants were a bit loose. I sneaked it through the loops and took a look at my reflection in the mirror. It looked way better now.

"Children! Time to go!" My father called us down. I dragged my trunk to the top of the stairs and then my father levitated it down. I rushed into the bathroom, quickly brushed my teeth and raced to stick my shoes on.

"Your father and I have a special gift for the two of you." My mother told Sirius and I. We both looked at her expectantly. Then she brought out two owls in golden cages. One was a snowy owl and one was a eagle owl. She handed each of us one.

"Thank you so much!" Sirius and I said together.

"Now, they don't have names so you guys get to choose them. Take some time to think it over, put a good name. Now we really need to go, we are meeting your cousins on the platform." She told us. We both nodded, repressing groans and grimaces on the cousin topic.

Mother handed me the snowy owl. She was the most adorable little thing in the world. She had feathers of the purest white, just like the fresh snow when it fell, and little black markings on her face. She had a cute beak and beautiful gold eyes, the type that were so soft and kind yet deadly and sharp. I looked over at Sirius and his owl, I could tell that he loved it. His bird was pure black like the dead of night. He had a sharp beak and piercing blue eyes. I could practically see his mind was working on a name for the black beauty. I, for one didn't know, for the slightest, about what I was going to name my owl.

"Time to go, grab my arm Australe, and you too Sirius. Regulus, go with your mother. Ready? One, two, three." We took a hold of each arm as he tucked away his pocket watch. Then the familier sensation went through my body as we apparated. If felt as if I was being sucked up a tight tube.  

Australe Leo Black ~ Wednesday, September 1st, 1971 ~ Platform 9 3/4, Kings Cross Station, London, England 

We landed on the busy platform and looked around in awe. The scarlet steam engine glistened as steam rose from the smoke box. The platform itself was bustling with people, both witches and wizards but also muggles. My parents turned their nose up against them. My family were the kind of people who thought anyone who was less blood status than ourselves, was dirt. They also used those crude words like mudblood and blood traitor. I never really thought that hanging out with a half-blood or muggleborn was such a bad idea but if I was caught in the company of a muggleborn in front of my parents, that would be disastrous.