Just In time | Peter Parker x Reader

Summary: A soulmate AU in which there’s a timer on your wrist and tells you how much time is left until you meet your soulmate. 

Warnings: Fluuuffff. My Writing and Grammar

----

You’re about to meet your soulmate today. 

there’s exactly thirty three minutes left, you already took a shower, brushed your teeth, wore your favorite outfit. You were excited, Really excited. after waiting seventeen years you’ll finally get to meet him. 

You were in the car with your father- Tony Stark and Happy Hogan, Tony Noticed that you were tapping your foot on the car floor too much. 

“You alright?” You faced away from the window to look at him. 

“Yep, Just nervous.” he flashed you a reassuring smile. 

“It’s going to be okay, You’ll meet him when It’s time to meet him.” You sucked in a deep breath and nodded at him. 

“Who are we going to meet anyways?” 

“Just some kids with different kinds of mutations, We could help them or recruit them.” 

“why do I have to go too?” You asked.

“Because…You also have what they have.” 

You laughed a little. “Dad, all I can do Is feel other people’s emotions. and that’s because some strange passed it on to me as he died! I’m not useful!”

“Trust me, You are.” You arrived at the Avengers Facility where the meeting will be held, You saw your Aunt Natasha on the way with Steve. You checked your wrist and there was only two minutes left. 

You walked in the room and saw several people who was about your age, Your dad started talking but you only zoned out, you could feel the ticking of the clock on your wrist joined by your fast heartbeat, You checked again. ten seconds. 

where could they be?

You swallowed the lump on your throat.

four, three. two..

Someone opened the door and you looked up. 

..one.

“Sorry I’m–” The boy with beautiful dark brown hair and eyes met your gaze. “–late.” the last words came out as a whisper. 

“You’re just in time.” You said and you both continued to look at each other in surprise. 

“holy shit, they’re soulmates.” Someone said in the room, Steve gave him look. For the first time in a while you could only focus on one emotion and those emotions are yours. 

“Alright, how about we take this meeting to another room?” Natasha said, Everyone nodded in agreement. and walked out. You finally broke eye contact and walked closer to the boy. 

“I’m..Y/n Stark.” 

“P-Peter Parker. I mean.. That’s me. that’s my name I’m Peter Parker. Oh god of course that’s me.” You could feel his nervousness matching with your own. 

“It’s really nice to meet you Peter Parker.”

—-

Tony let you both go out and get to know each other, You both went to get some burger first. 

“So, Spiderboy. you’ve known dad for a while?” You asked. 

“Yeah..He helped me with stuff and gave ma a new suit…“

“I wonder why I’ve never met you before.” You wondered, you dad basically dragged you with him everytime there’s a teenager with superpowers. 

“Where are we going to go after this?” 

-

You ended up going to the library since you mentioned you’ve never been in a public library before.

“This is cool. Way bigger than the library at home.” You said while looking around. You looked back at Peter and he smiled at you.

“You can go pick a book.” You smiled at Peter before walking away. When you were out of sight he finally let out the breath he was holding.

He was happy and very nervous, But mostly happy. He wanted to scream out of happiness, But instead he took a deep breath and pulled out a random book from the shelves. He was starting to calm down when you passed by while examining a book. He didn’t know why suddenly everything was in slow motion, Probably his spidey senses? No. It was just you and your effect on him as his soulmate.

His heart started to beat faster again. He sighed and mumbled to himself, “Great.”

He walked towards the table where you were and sat down in front of you, You were reading a book about Norse Mythology. Probably because you’ve met a Norse god before and became friends with him.

You both talked about things for a while, And soon you were both comfortable with each other. No one was nervous or shy. It was about 6:28 when your dad texted you that you’ll need to go home.

You didn’t even realize that the sun was going down. Peter walked you back to the tower you both took the elevator.

“Maybe we can meet again tomorrow? If you’re not busy.” He offered. You didn’t hesitate to say yes.

“Of course. I’m not busy– I’m actually never busy.” You both stared at each other for a while. Finally, Peter leaned in and captured you lips, It was gentle and sweet.

You broke the kiss and at the same time, The elevator doors opened. Your dad stood there, Shocked.

“I- Mr. Stark.” Peter started babbling. “Hello sir.” You both walked out of the elevator.

“Well, I honestly should’ve seen this coming.” Tony sighed. “Y/n go to your room I’m just going to have a talk with Peter.”

“Just don’t scare him too much?” You started to walk away and gave Peter a small reassuring smile. You walked away and smiled to yourself as you looked down at your timer, Glad that it was Peter Parker and not someone else.