Chapter 6 'Just a Dream'

Start from the beginning

"Keat-"

"No Laney! It's my time. I've been wanting to tell you this since the day I met you. I think...I love you," he said looking down.

"Keaton, I can't- I don't-"

"Laney, Laney, Laney," I jolted awake and opened my eyes. I looked around and I was on the couch. It was just a dream.

"Oh, hey Wesley," I said straightening myself up. I remembered I was home alone and I must've fallen asleep while watching TV.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned, sitting beside me.

"Yeah, just had a weird...really weird...dream," I said still unsure of it.

"Oh, well I was wondering if, um, maybe you'd want to go get some dinner tonight, like with me?" He stuttered nervously.

"I'd like that," I giggled at his nervousness.

"Okay, I'll wait down here for you to get ready," he said. I nodded and got up. I trudged up the stairs, still tired, and went to my room. I got a really quick shower and threw on some skinny jeans and a flowery patterned tank. I put a jean jacket over it and did my hair. I straightened it for the first time in ages, and applied little makeup. I was putting on the last of my makeup when I heard a creak in my room. I peeked out to see Wesley standing there.

"You know, you don't need that stuff," he said referring to the makeup in my hand.

"I beg to differ," I chuckled going back to finish applying it. I was all finished and ready to go. Wes was sitting on my bed waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asked standing up.

"Yeah," I blushed. He was eyeing me up and down. He led me out of my room with his hand on my lower back, sending chills up my back. We walked out to his car after I left my mom a note.

Wesley pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant that wasn't too fancy, but just casual. We walked in and were seated at a booth by the window. I wanted to ask him if this was a date, but I didn't want to make things awkward.

We ordered our food and waited for it to come.

"So tell me more about yourself," he said.

"Like what?"

"Like what do you do? Hobbies?" He chuckled.

"Well, I don't know, I've always wanted to be an actor, I really want to go to Juilliard in New York! I like to skate and surf, I don't know, I'll do just about anything, what about you?" I smiled.

"Well I'm in a band, obviously, I'll do just about anything too," he chuckled.

"You're a pretty good singer," I shot him a playful wink and he just laughed.

"We have a show coming up soon, you should come," Wesley said breaking the silence.

"I'll think about it," I joked. "Kidding, maybe I'll bring An," I said. He looked kind've disappointed after I said that.

"No An?" I questioned more than said. His face lit back up causing me to giggle.

"You can bring her, I was just hoping we could spend some time together after," he started.

"With all the boys?" I questioned, and apparently it was a stupid question because he rolled his eyes.

"No, just... us," he smiled. "Oh," was all I said.

We just talked about how I liked Cali and we talked about music a lot. Our food finally arrived and we started eating.

"This is actually really good," I giggled biting into my grilled chicken.