New Girl 🍁

Monday. September.

" Aly, wake up honey. It's a new day and new school! " I heard mom open the curtains and it smelled like rain or mist.

I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the light. My mom just walked out of my room yelling at me to shower. I stretched a little bit. I stood near my window and took in the view of the misty morning, the trees, wet with dew. This is my new home now.

I took a shower and ate my breakfast. Mom and dad were their ever loving self, if not, more cheery. I get the hype people. It's easy for you because you are all adults, working in a hospital , doing surgery and earning a lot.

Me. Let's not even start. This is high school we are talking about. I have no idea about how people will react to me. There is a problem there. The thing is I don't fit well into categories or cliques. Always have been a loner. And this time , puberty hit me like a freaking rocket.

You see before six months I had frizzy hair, braces, mild acne and was a bit chubby with baby fat. I had bad skin and really bad fashion choices. So I kept to myself.

Now, my hair is shiny and calm, my skin is glowing and clear, I am really fit and I wear some pretty clothes . So, I am in a weird place where people think I'm attractive and I know that but can't seem to shake the insecure me.

" we don't have all day young lady!! " dad scolded. Yeah, I know. You are very busy person dad. Coming. Here we go.

" Here are your keys . Don't drive fastly. I know it's a sports car but don't you dare get a ticket on the first day of school. Eat your lunch. Hydrate. Make friends please for your own good .... Bye " wow mom.. OK. Calm down.

" Honey you are making her feel nervous. You will be fine kiddo. Have a wonderful day! And hey we both love you " that's cool dad speech.

" Bye you guys! Love ya " and with that I drove to the Grey high. The place where I am either going to hate for two years or love. Let's see. Am I so nervous about this? Hell yeah.

----------------------

Grey high.

OK this place is big. Nice exterior. There are a lot of people hugging, kissing, shaking hands . Happy faces. Meeting friends after summer . Girls giggling and some other boys fighting. Typical first day of every school ever.

I drove without catching much attention to me and parked in a secluded place. I got out and took my bag and other documents .

There were a group of girls. Beautiful and looked rich. Sat atop their expensive cars and passing comments on other people and enjoying. Oh right, the popular girls or mean ones.

"Hey you, new girl !!" someone called me and we all know that she means me. God .

" Alyssa, is it? Is that this season's Dolce ? Are you like rich? " she asked me. umm.. I just stood there, wondering how to answer such questions to a stranger.

" Yeah! I think so. " I said. Answering her questions.

" OK, you get to sit with us during lunch today . If you pass others in the interview, you get to hang out with us . see ya. oh.. my name is Liliana. see ya! "

what just happened ? I have no idea as to why that happened or how. Some people were looking at me with envy and jealousy. Great. Drama and attention on the very first day.

I went to the administration office and got my schedule for the day , my locker code, and a map to the classes. Hey its a big school and I might get lost OK.

Schedule :

9- 10 - Biology

10.30 - 11.30 - world History