Hitsugaya Toshiro - Cherry garden

Start from the beginning

"Ooooh!! Taichoo ~" Matsumoto mused, upon hearing her voice Histugaya's face twitched a bit, an irk marking growing on his forehead, as he crossed his arms. This sight of him made you chuckle, 'he is adorable' you thought.

*The Date*

You left work early, since you didn't want to be late for your date with your captain. However, at your meeting spot, Toshiro was nowhere to be found. A wave of disappointment passed by you, as the thought of him ditching you there crossed your mind. After waiting for a couple of minutes, you decided to check if he was there at his work.

----

"Oh (y/n) - chan!!, looking for Taicho?" Matsumoto asked, squealing as she jumped with excitement.

"yes, is Taicho here?" you asked her with an awkward smile.

"yes! He is." Matsumoto confirmed. "ah, he has a date with you today doesn't he? Matsumoto asked, giving you a teasing smile.

"yes!" you responded with excitement.

Matsumoto let out a sigh, before resting her hand on her forehead, while her other hand rested on her hip. "I'm sorry (y/n) chan, but he is cheating on you" she said, making your face fall. "with his paper work" Matsumoto rolled her eyes, making you panic.

"sorry (y/n) chan! But I think he has forgotten about his date with you" Matsumoto gave you a sympathetic smile, before resting her hand on your shoulder.

"Oh! That's okay! He is busy, I mean he is captain after all - " you trailed off, before giving Matsumoto one of your best smiles. "I will just leave now!" you waved before, making a dash towards the exit, hoping you had ice-cream at home.

"where are you going?" A voice asked, making a shiver run down your spine, you quickly turned around to face Captain Histugaya.

"Hello - Taicho" you gave him a smile, hoping he would not bring up the subject about you coming to see him at his office.

"Sorry, I am late (y/n)" he apologized.

"Not a problem, Taicho" You gave him a smile, and you noticed him cringe for a second before going back to his usual self.

----

A few inches away from your destination, you were immediately greeted by the aroma of almond like scent. "it's smells refreshing" you said, turning to look at Toshiro who was walking beside you.

"I agree." he said, looking back at you, his cheeks lightly dusted pink.

"Where are we going taicho?" You asked him, as the destination of your date is still a mystery to you.

"(y/n)" he called out to you, stopping in his tracks. "yes, taicho?" you asked, looking at him with a questioning look, millions of thoughts running through your head. 'Did he not want to go out with me?' being the over thinker you are you thought.

"I would like you to... call me... To...shiro" he mumbled, his gaze fixed on the ground, looking everywhere else but at you. Little did you know that he was blushing furiously.

'nani?' you thought. 'Did taicho, who always wants to be addressed in that form wanted me to address him by his name?' trying to process, what he just said wrecked your brain.

"eh" you let out the sound of disbelief, making Toshiro look at you, his cheeks still tinted.

"Y - yeah we are on a date after all..." He trailed of, making you raise an eyebrow at him. "It's only natural to call each other by our first name -" He continued. Oh, he wants me to call him his first name for real? I am not dreaming? You felt butterflies in your tummy, you wanted to find out how his name felt on your tongue.

"Toshiro." You gave him a close eyed smile; Toshiro's turquoise eyes grew wide and blushed furiously upon hearing you call him by his first name.

"Yes, (y/n)." He returned your smile.

"Where are we going?" You asked once again.

"We are almost there... it's a surprise." Toshiro, said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay." You chuckled, and looked at the sky. The sun cast its golden rays down upon the clouds of billowing smoke, turning them bright red; fire red.

"Looks, like the sun is going to set soon..." You mumbled getting a good look at the sky.

"Yes, we better hurry!" Toshiro said, speed walking.

----

"We are here." Toshiro announced, as you both walked closer to the branch arched entrance.

"A garden?" You asked, walking inside, setting your foot on the petaled ground. In your mind it was confetti, you chuckled.

"Not, just any garden. It's a cherry garden." A middle-aged woman, greeted you and Toshiro.

"Welcome - would you like a basket to pluck cherries?" Asked the woman with a warm smile.

"Yes!" you exclaimed, excitedly. The woman chuckled, before handing you a small brown basket, which you gladly accepted.

"Thank you"

Toshiro and you walked a little further in to the garden, trees with small red blobs where everywhere you turned. The cherry trees were the jewel of the garden, the trees were planted in a way, it was so that people would be able to drink the aromas of the blooms, soothed by the waterfall, which the trees roots leaded to, giving the water a sweet taste.

"So, why the cherry garden?" You asked turning to Toshiro, who was walking beside you silently.

"You like cherries." He said, making you give him a confused/shocked look.

"How do you know that?" You asked him, with your eyes wide open.

"Matsumoto told me." He said, crossing his arms, a small smile on his face.

"Ohhh - "You chuckled. "Do you like cherries Toshiro?" You asked him curiously.

"I like it." He said, plucking some juicy looking cherries from a tree, putting them in to the basket you were holding.

"Well in that case, let's fill up this basket! So that we can have a lot to nom on!!" You exclaimed, running towards the tall tree, which looked like that had a lot of juicy red blobs. You felt your body sway, as you tripped on the tree root, which has made its way out of the ground. You closed your eyes knowing that you would make contact with the ground.

----

You felt a warm embrace on your body, you opened your eyes slowly, only to find yourself in Toshiro's embrace. 'So warm...' you thought as you melted in to his embrace. Inching your nose, a little near his neck, you breathed in his scent, his scent was exotic, making you grow weak in your knees.

"Jeez, (y/n) watch your step!" Toshiro, scolded you pulling you away from him, he was holding on to your shoulders, staring right into your (e/c). Your heart tickled, spreading tingles all over your body as you realized how close you were standing right now to him. You held in your breath, wanting to treasure this moment.

"(y/n)." Toshiro whispered, not taking his eyes off you.

"yes." You whispered, a small blush now forming on your cheeks.

"I - I love you" Toshiro stuttered, his face now bright red, you could hardly believe what you were hearing.

"Pinch me." You said, looking at him with all seriousness.

"What?" He asked, not following.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?" You asked, Toshiro shook his head indicating a no. In a bat of an eye, you grabbed on to his clothing pulling him closer to you, pressing your lips against his. Toshiro, seemed tense at first, but soon relaxed putting his arms around your waist pulling you closer to him, returning your kiss.

"I love you..." You whispered to him, breaking the kiss. He gave a smile, which was filled with so much love, before leaning in for another kiss.

End of Chapter -