Chapter 7

Elizabeth's POV:

(Takes place right after Darry gets called out of class)

I walk out of English class in a daze. The guy of my dreams kissed me and then had to leave.

I wonder what was wrong. Is he ok? Are his brothers? His family? I get nervous just thinking about it, but I don't have time to think much of it because I'm face to face with my ex-boyfriend, John. He's a no good Soc, so caught up in money and power that he doesn't have time for anyone of anything else.

I was with him for about a year before I realized what a jerk he was. He was always trying to impress me with fancy restaurants and expensive things I didn't want when all I wanted was a relaxing night in with him. I wanted a guy that would look at me and you could tell he liked me, who was kind, caring, sweet... All things he wasn't.

"Hey, Liz. How are things?" He asks me.

"Good, you?" I say, trying to be civilized, when in reality I don't even want to be within 10 feet of him.

"Just good? Oh. I thought you would be better now that you have a new boyfriend," he says. How does he know? That only happened a few minutes ago. I thought we were the only ones in the hall.

I walk away without another word, but suddenly there's a girl I don't recognize in front of me.

She's pretty, with long, wavy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Congrats on Darry," she says, shyly, tugging on her white long sleeve shirt. It's nice, but you can clearly tell she's a Greaser.

"Thanks," I say smiling.

"What's your name?" I ask her.

"Sandy. I'm a Sophomore this year," she explains. I nod.

"I'm dating Soda, his younger brother. I mean, if you were wondering," she says. She seems nervous.

"Thats cool," I say. Suddenly, a guy, certainly not Soda comes up to her and puts an arm protectively around her waist. She smiles at me, but it seems forced and fake. She walks away before I can say anything else. That was weird.

"Elizabeth!" Rose says, running up to me.

"Oh, hey," I say, unenthusiastically.

"I thought we told you already, Socs do NOT date Greasers!" She says. I stare at her. I can date whoever I want, and she can't stop me.

"You know what, I can't even hang out with you anymore. You'll ruin my rep," she says. I stand in the middle of the hallway trying to gather my thoughts. And then Jewel's next to me, and we fell into sync together as we walk to our next class.

"Why would you do this to me?" She asks. Again, I'm utterly speechless.

"I thought we were friends," she says.

"What?" I ask.

She sighs a long, loud, ughhhhh, like the whole school should know how disappointed she is in me.

"Do I even need to explain?" She asks. I nod.

"Yeah, you kinda do." If one more person says something to me about Darry, I think I'll explode.

"I specifically told you that we couldn't associate anymore if you were dating a Greaser, so you went behind my back and are dating one anyways? That's low, Elizabeth. Just. Plain. Low," she says and stalks away. We're going to the same class, but I feel like going home again. I can't deal with this.

I love Darry, I know I do, but how will we survive when this really starts getting around? When more people, other than my close "friends" find out, when others do, what's gonna happen?

I sit through the next 3 classes without a word. I don't talk to anyone in between, and don't even raise my hand to ask questions.

Darry's still not back, yet. I really hope he's ok, I think as I walk to the cafeteria. Not many Greasers stay here for lunch, the Socs kicked most of them out. Because of this, I don't really have anywhere to sit, so I buy my lunch and go somewhere I've never had to eat before. The bathroom. I've seen kids eat in here before, but I never thought I'd be this low.

I'm one of the richest kids in the school, with plenty of friends, but I'm worried right now. I'll have to wait until Darry's back, or the drama dies down to be able to eat there.

I push the door open and three girls stand in front of me. One of them has long, silky black hair, another has her light brown hair in a short bob, and the third has hers in a high ponytail. I can't exactly tell what color it is.

"Hi," I say politely, and smile. They say it back, but it's fake.

"We've been waiting for you," one of them, the girl with black hair says.

Okay, creepy.

I turn around but the one with the brown hair grabs my arm.

"Um, let go please," I say. She stifles a laugh and twists my arm behind my back, so I can't escape.

"What do you want?" I ask. The two girls look at the one with the ponytail, she must be their leader.

"What we want is for you to date in your own circle. Stay away from Darrel what's his name, because he's a dirty, filthy, rotten Greaser. You're ruining your good Soc name," She says.

"I'm not ruining anything. I've wanted this for as long as I can remember, and I'm not breaking up with him no matter what you say. No matter what you do," I tell them. I'm not afraid, I think to myself. It's not like they can actually hurt me. Yeah, they can twist my arm and stuff, but thats not going to do much.

"You better," ponytail says.

"Or else."

I know this game.

I narrow my eyes and utter the words, "Or else what?" But obviously those are the wrong words, because the girl with black hair flips out a switchblade.

"Or else we'll cut you up, right here, right now, and lock the door, so nobody can see, hear or find you, ever again. And later? If they do find you, we'll have our nice, rich, Soc boyfriends do it again. They have practice, too. They just Greasers all the time," she says, like it's a good idea.

My fear gets the best of me. I've already dropped my lunch tray, and I try to lunge for the door, but the girl with black hair hands the blade over to the other girl and grabs my other arm. I scream at the top of my lungs and one of them yells to shut me up.

Soon, I'm down on the ground with brown hair's headband in my mouth, so I can't make a sound. I start kicking around, so one of them sits on my legs. I feel tears in my eyes, and I remember crying. It's a strange feeling. It's something I haven't done in a long time. Before a few days ago, I hadn't in what seemed like forever, or at least not since my dad died a few years ago.

I don't even have much time to think about that, I feel the blade on my neck, and the only thing in my mind is if their really going to kill me.

But suddenly, the bell rings. The three of them get up, and run out the door, except ponytail girl.

"We'll get you one day," she says, looking me in the eye. I don't know who she is, but I know one thing. She makes me sweat. More than the other two girls.

She just seems more... Fierce.

I've never been so bullied, threatened before, and it truly worried me. Is this whats going to happen if I'm dating a Greaser? I hope not.

I'd choose Darry over my rep any day, but would I really be able to live like this?

A/N: After this chapter I'm skipping to their first date because it's adorable and I already have it written. Hope you like this chapter and you're excited for the next one!! Leave and comments, reviews, or questions, because I LOVE reading them!!!! 😊