Chapter 32: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

"So tell me about your date Sammy!"

She smiles, "We went painting! I painted a flamingo and he painted a car".

I push her chair closer to the table on my way to my seat.

"Well that sounds lovely and I'm surprised you found somewhere open on Thanksgiving and in short timing Gio".

He removes his jacket and sits down, "It wasnt difficult actually".

I open my mouth to ask how but Sammantha cries out.

"I'm starving SoSo!"

Reaching out for their hands and close my eyes, "We have to say grace first".

Sammy sits up, "I'll do it because you always take forever!"

"Dear Lord, thank you for this food, thank you for SoSo and GG. Watch over daddy and AMENN".

I smile, "Amen".

***

After eating we end the night with 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' as requested by Sammy.

Giovanni wanted us to watch from the movie room but Sammy and I wanted a cozier setting.

"Here darling".

I look up to Gio carrying in another bowl of ice cream for Sammy.

"No Giovanni! Sammy, I said no more".

She pouts, "But the movie isn't done and it's technically GG's but he doesn't want it so he's giving it to me. And I haven't ate ice cream in a decade!"

"A decade means after 10 years which is a lie because you had some last night".

"Oh come on mio amore, it's already in the bowl".

I smile, "That's alright I'll eat it".

Sammy jumps up, "That's not fair!!"

I ignore her complaints and snatch the bowl from Giovanni's hands.

Shaking his head at me Gio gets on the floor and pulls Sammy into his lap leaving me cold and alone on the couch.

I roll my eyes, "How childish".

"Your one to speak?" He shoots back.

***

The next morning Alessandro brings over his pregnant girlfriend.

Valentina was very shy and has barely spoken but I can tell she is still very shocked from the change.

She was supposed to come the 22 but Less's mother wanted to meet with her and her parents to settle the dispute.

This lead her to staying in Italy a bit longer but now that she was here
It was a relief to Alessandro who truly does care.

Giovanni pulls Samantha off of the girl's lap, "It's time for bed cucciola".

Him and I have been taking turns putting the little girl to bed and today was his day.

Sammy kicks trying to break free, "No you said I could have 5 more minutes!"

"Five minutes ago. Now say goodbye to everyone so we can head up".

Giovanni let's go of her and she hugs Less who kisses her forehead then me.

"Sweet dreams Sammy and remember to say your prayers".

Still annoyed she ignores me, "How comes I'm the only one that has to go to bed while you guys don't?"