t w o

"thanks for that by the way," seokjin said to namjoon.

"it's nothing," he replied. the boys offered to ride with seokjin home since it was on the way to jimin's house, "if you want i can go back and see if your backpack is there," namjoon said, "i doubt kyle would want it."

seokjin smiled, "i don't need it. it's the first day of summer and now i finally have an excuse to get a new one for next year."

namjoon grinned. there was silence. seokjin knew how he made everyone feel. uncomfortable.

ever since the whole aaron situation people avoided him at all costs. he lost all his friends, his teachers began giving him disgusted looks, even his own parents distanced themselves, everything seemed to go downhill.

maybe namjoon helping him out gave him a twinkle of hope for a good friendship to start.

"i just wanted to say that i heard about what happened to nick in january and i'm really sorry," seokjin said, trying to start up another conversation. he immediately regretted that subject when all the boys turned and started at him, "i just never got to tell you guys. i- um."

seokjin decided to shut up. he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his loose jeans awkwardly.

"thanks," namjoon responded. though he seemed to get a million "i'm sorry's" from a lot of people, hearing it from someone as genuine as seokjin made him feel better.

there was a few more moments of silence until jimin screamed.

"ew! get that away from me are you fucking crazy!" jimin yelled immediately jumping off his bicycle and towards the grass. in taehyung's hand was a tiny spider. he had held it up to jimin's face and it freaked the poor boy out.

"taehyung! what if that's a black wid- aah!" hoseok screamed as the younger flicked the spider in his direction causing him to abandon his bike in the road like jimin. he was frantically brushing his shirt, neck, back, basically every part of his body, "oh my god! get it off! get it off!"

taehyung giggled, "hoseok not every spider is a black widow."

namjoon turned towards taehyung, "yeah, black and brown widows aren't native in maine."

seokjin tilted his head at namjoon curiously.

"o-oh, sorry."

"why are you apologizing?" seokjin stopped in the road, "i like fun facts ya'know, i think they're cool."

namjoon felt a small sense of relief. he wasn't a fan of being the smartest one of the group. he was constantly being asked for answers for homework and tests and told to stop saying his interesting facts, which he found quite enjoyable.

"this is my house," seokjin said, "i'll see you guys around," he began to walk up the stone steps that led up to his house.

"actually," namjoon called for him, "we were gonna go to the quarry in a bit. want to join us?"

seokjin smiled, "sure, sounds fun. i'll meet you there," they watched as he walked up to his door and walked inside.

"dude!" hoseok whined, hitting namjoon's shoulder, "i don't want to hang out with a queer!"

"yeah, that wasn't cool," jimin added.

hoseok made a disgusted face, "what if he tries to kiss one of us?"

"guys," namjoon sighed, "just because he's gay doesn't make him any less of a person. i feel kinda bad you know, ever since people found out he's been really... lonely. he's pretty chill, just give him a chance."